List of aggregate users / bots

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
quartier
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: List of aggregate users / bots

Post by quartier »

BadCosmonaut wrote:Thanks AverageGames. I don't think I'll be adding aggregate accounts for games to the main list for now. Some people only use the movie side of the site and wouldn't need to get the updates for aggregate game accounts. I'm open to input from anyone on this though.

Thanks quartier. I'll add TheShiznit to the main list.

Regarding duplicate accounts, I had originally created a separate list for them in the opening post, but decided to remove that separate list to keep the thread focused. I actually have a list of some duplicate accounts still. I was debating whether to make a new thread for them. Is this something you're interested in me doing?

Oh and I'm adding some other aggregate users to the main list:

Film.com
RTomatoes

R Ebert
Roger_Ebert

About the duplicated accounts, I think is usefull to have the list. I would be happy taking a look.

I don't see a problem in the Roger Ebert's accounts, they are the ratings of one person right? If it was the ratings of his site after his death I would get it, but they are not... right?

BadCosmonaut
0 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

I added IMDBTop250 to the main list.

Also...

Yes, you're correct that the Ebert accounts are (to my knowledge) just a collection of his personal ratings and are not a collection of ratings from his site before or after his death. The more I think about it, I agree that accounts like that don't belong on this list since they only pull from one person's ratings. However, if there is more than one account that collects an individual's ratings (such as the multiple Ebert accounts), I do think they could be included in the duplicate accounts list. So I have removed them from this list and added them to the duplicate accounts list.

iconogassed
29 Ratings

Post by iconogassed »

I'm intrigued by HAL9000.

Very little activity from 2014 till July of this year, then a bunch of mini-reviews, almost all the same rating, consisting solely of a sports-related nonsequitur that includes some portion of the film's title.

60 % 2001 Maniacs (2005)
"2001 nba championship"
70 % Dynasty (1981)
"la lakers dynasty"
60 % The Magic School Bus (1994)
"That Magic Season: The 1980 NBA Playoffs and Championship Series"

BadCosmonaut
0 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

I'm not sure what to think of this. His mini reviews are titles from documentaries on youtube. Example - UntouchaBulls - The Chicago Bulls' 2nd Championship Season.

Definitely something weird going on.

Risselada
0 Ratings

Post by Risselada »

BadCosmonaut,

I just came across this thread. Thank you so much for compiling these! I was having the exact same problem you mentioned you had in the original post.

Risselada
0 Ratings

Post by Risselada »

Victoriouz
23 Ratings

Post by Victoriouz »

BadCosmonaut
0 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

Thank you. I added both of those to the list. I also added another one to the list: tomatometer.

Just for future reference, sometimes I can take a while to reply (months even), but it's because I sometimes have to go out of town for long periods. I won't abandon this thread without first making a post about it. Also, I don't think that's going to happen anytime soon as I'm probably going to be using this site for the rest of my life.

glitchwave
2398 Ratings

Post by glitchwave »

another video game aggregator here.

Adam P-D
28 Ratings

Post by Adam P-D »

Thanks so much for this list. I've been using this site for recommendations for a few years now but haven't really looked too far into its workings. These users/bots go against the whole point of this site. Criticker understands where I fall on those love-it-or-hate-it movies and then these users/bots pull that Probable Score back towards a 50/50 middle-of-the-road rating. Now I know these irritants exist and that I can Ignore them. Thanks again!