Thumbs Down for Netflix's New Rating System?

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
vincente
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Thumbs Down for Netflix's New Rating System?

Post by vincente »

Netflix's new binary rating system, allowing either a thumbs up or down, hasn't exactly been received with much enthusiasm. Obviously, as a website that allows ratings on a 100-point scale, we think Netflix is making a big mistake.

We hope that this will be an opportunity for more people to discover the potential of http://criticker.com/ ! If you encounter people complaining about Netflix's new system, please make sure to tell them about us.

vincente
0 Ratings

Re: Thumbs Down for Netflix's New Rating System?

Post by vincente »

We're in the process of integrating recommendations for movies and TV shows on streaming services like Netflix or Amazon Prime, which will give you information about what to watch.

Today, we added a Netflix USA collection where you can sort titles by genre and by your PSI. This is just a small first step but we thought we should share it with you.

BadCosmonaut
0 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

Is that collection updated automatically? They gain and lose stuff frequently.

vincente
0 Ratings

Post by vincente »

Our goal is to have it fully automated but we might have to depend on some user input as well. Especially since there are so many different Netflix territories.

Shogun
0 Ratings

Post by Shogun »

I saw this site recommended on Reddit as a good site that might be able to recommend movies based on ratings like Netflix used to. I exported 900+ ratings from Netflix to a spreadsheet but currently I only see IMDB imports here in CSV format? If I convert my Netflix ratings to csv format on a scale of 1-10 (from 1-5) will it get recognized?

vincente
0 Ratings

Post by vincente »

Welcome to Criticker.

The best thing would be to post a new thread about Netflix imports within the General Questions: https://www.criticker.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=10

There you'll going to get the fastest help from either us or the community. The good news is, Criticker works with a 1-5 scale as well.