Introduce Yourself

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
lauratron
4 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by lauratron »

NoSex wrote:
lauratron wrote:Does ~anyone~ else keep a book of films they want to see? People think I'm weird.

i'm constantly writing down names.

Glad I'm not the only one! Think I have about 250 films in my book, sadly time and money means I'm not getting through them as quickly as I'd like :(

prowler
10 Ratings

Post by prowler »

that's what the wishlist is for :) there's 180 on mine, but some of them i've seen and am waiting for an update in functionality before i go find and remove them

by the way, wouldn't it be logical for a film to automatically disappear from your wishlist once you've rated it?

lauratron
4 Ratings

Post by lauratron »

prowler wrote:that's what the wishlist is for :) there's 180 on mine, but some of them i've seen and am waiting for an update in functionality before i go find and remove them

by the way, wouldn't it be logical for a film to automatically disappear from your wishlist once you've rated it?

That makes sense to me! Though I guess you could have a wishlist for ones you've already seen but don't yet own...?

I tend to add things from my Criticker wishlist and then make a note of them in the book - the book also contain ones which friends etc recommend (though I had to turn down Flashdance and some other rather poor suggestions!). I take the book when I go shopping for DVDs - if you ever want to feel like a dork in a store, I'd highly recommend that approach!

NoSex
0 Ratings

Post by NoSex »

lauratron wrote:
NoSex wrote:
lauratron wrote:Does ~anyone~ else keep a book of films they want to see? People think I'm weird.

i'm constantly writing down names.

Glad I'm not the only one! Think I have about 250 films in my book, sadly time and money means I'm not getting through them as quickly as I'd like :(

i use to have a netflix queue filled with enough movies that you couldn't count them all on the hands of the population of russia, or something like that.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

prowler wrote:that's what the wishlist is for :) there's 180 on mine, but some of them i've seen and am waiting for an update in functionality before i go find and remove them

I dont know if their are more functions on the wishlist, but keep track of the movies on the "remember" list and they are gone when seen/rated.

NathanDarko
17 Ratings

Post by NathanDarko »

mrobscure wrote:Hi,
New to the site, wanted to say hello. Long time movie buff but way behind in watching movies these days. wanted to find a good place to rate movies as well as compare ratings. This place seems great. I'm still feeling out the process as far as my ratings go. As I tend to start with the movies I like (and for the most part have recently seen) I tend to rate them highly.
I will likely make adjustments as I go along. I do like the idea of a 1-100 rating scale.

welcome mrobscure criticker is the best page to vote and compare ratings with other users...at least the idea of the psi / tci is great and helped me more than once to find new movies!! greetz Nathan^^ ;)

mrobscure
0 Ratings

Post by mrobscure »

Thanks Nathan,
Having recently started catching up on my movie watching I had originally planned on jotting down some sort of list with a rating while the movie was still fresh in my mind. Then I figured doing it online would be easier. And I really like the whole TCI and PSI concepts-though I'm still in the learning process. Thanks again for the welcome.

Quicky
0 Ratings

Post by Quicky »

By now, I probably spent about 500 hours or so automating and perfecting my own 'to-see' list. So no... you're not weird. There are people much weirder than you ;).

It's probably indicative of my nature that I could probably better have spent this time reading reviews instead of crunching numbers over and over again. But then... programming is fun :P.

paulofilmo
5 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

Gah. I should keep up with this thread. A belated welcome to all the relatively new people. It's great to see the Forums so busy.

:blush: @ snakey. I knew you were a writer of sorts. And if you weren't, I'd tell you you ought to be. Your manner is amiable and fun, but also relaxing, which is most welcome.

lolo, lauratron. Ta for the help. I'll try to see El Topo before Holy Mountain - ooh, fun! Movies to watch movies to watch. Don't worry about your book of shameful scrummaging. My Criticker Wishlist gets more obscene by the day. It wont be long until it bursts out of the monitor, wrecking the keyboard, and covering my fingers in a sticky -- yet classy and toothsome -- ooze.

swanky.

*ahem*

Katya
0 Ratings

Post by Katya »

I'm not very new at the site but I don't check the forum much, so when I saw this topic I just wanted to say "Hi". I'm Turkish as you can see and I'm 22 years old. I'm a landscape architect and also a grad student. I mostly like dramas, sci/fi and war movies but I watch all types of movies except romantic comedies and action movies - I just can't stand them. Movies with sad endings are my weak point, I can't help loving them. I'm a little pessimist person because of this they just seem to be more realistic to me. I don't know what else to say, I really like to be a part of this site and as I said before, just wanted to say "Hi!":)