Introduce Yourself

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Jellysauce
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Jellysauce »

i've been a member here for quite some time but i took a large break from the site and overhauled my rankings so i might as well reintroduce myself

my name is austin and at some point while in highschool i found movies to be a great way to enjoy myself and escape. i originally had over 1000 movies ranked but at some point i became very dissatisfied with my rankings and a lot of my reviews (in fact i still have the most stars for movies i don't even have ranked or reviewed anymore) so i started over. im currently not writing reviews anymore but i might return to doing that when i find the time.

my other interests include retro video games, guitar, and reading comics.

its nice to see you all again.

alex9000
0 Ratings

Post by alex9000 »

I do many, many things. I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist, a theoretical philosopher but above all I am a man. Hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you. There isn't really anything to me but come and find me in an alley way on a dark night and I think together we can find ourselves.

dunbar
10 Ratings

Post by dunbar »

Thanks for the welcome, edkrak.

And welcome to all you movie watching folk.

RonPrice
0 Ratings

Post by RonPrice »

I introduced myself at this site many years ago; I have also updated that introduction today(14/6/'14). Go to my website if you want any additional introductory information at: http://www.ronpriceepoch.com/auto.html ...I find the idea of ranking a movie somewhat simplistic, hardly relevant. I write about movies and am happy to leave my comments here, but ranking them---I can hardly see the point. Here is an example of my comment on a movie.-Ron (P.S. I also have a website on cinema at: http://www.ronpriceepoch.com/Cinema.html
-------------------------
THE DEVIL'S ADVOCATE
and
THE PROMISED DAY

Part 1:

The Devil's Advocate1 is a 1997 American mystery thriller film based on a novel with the same name. The film won the Best Horror Film for 1998 from the Academy of Science Fiction, Fantasy & Horror Films. It stars Keanu Reeves and Al Pacino. The film's title is a reference to the commonly used phrase "devil's advocate", and Pacino's character is named after the author of Paradise Lost, John Milton. The movie has some minor allusions to this epic of Milton's, such as the famous quotation: "Better to reign in Hell, than to serve in Heaven".
I won't give you the details of the plot, the direction and the cast, the film's reception, the legal problems the film encountered, or the many awards it won. Wikipedia has a fine summary of all these central aspects of the film for those with the interest, whether or not you have seen the film.

Part 2:

When this film won its awards in 1998, I had my eye on an early retirement from FT paid-employment as a teacher-lecturer in what is now a polytechnic in Western Australia, after a 50 year student and employment life: 1949 to 1999. Now, 17 years later, I have seen this film twice. I rarely ever want to see a film more than once. This evening I watched it for the second time,1 and decided to write a little think-piece about it. The film raised several philosophico-theological issues which I intend to comment on below. After watching this film for the second time, I wrote the following lines.-Ron Price with thanks to 1The Devil's Advocate, GEMTV, 9:30-12:30 p.m. 25/2/'14 and 26/2/'14.

Part 3:

I could say that this film
was highly prophetic, &
especially accurate in its
view of history, at least in
a series of basic theologico-
philosophical perspectives.

It's all useful time-of-the-end
stuff for a mass audience as a
21st century is about to open
at this climacteric of history
when all hell has both broken-
out, and is about to continue,
on its seemingly inevitable and
not so petty pace as we head into
many more decades of a tempest,
unprecedented in its violence, &
unpredictable in its long course.

As this tempest goes on sweeping the
face of this Earth, & harrowing-up the
souls of its inhabitants leading bleeding
humanity, and its billions, wretchedly
oblivious of its God, from its calvary to
its ultimate resurrection as we attempt to
labour serenely to lead humanity out of
its misery and its shame to the loftiest
summits of power and glory in the years,
in this millennium and its centuries ahead.1

1 Shoghi Effendi, The Promised Day Is Come, Baha'i Pub. Trust, New Delhi, 1976, p. 129.--Ron Price, 26 February 2014
Last edited by RonPrice on Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Paxton
0 Ratings

Post by Paxton »

RonPrice: A ton of interest in letting you know his own story, almost no interest in ranking movies whatsoever.
My new favorite member.

Proximity
0 Ratings

Post by Proximity »

hey guys i am new how r u

lisa-
192 Ratings

Post by lisa- »

g
Last edited by lisa- on Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mattorama12
67 Ratings

Post by mattorama12 »

lisagirl wrote:http://iadorepeople.wordpress.com/2014/08/14/four-things-about-me/

I like that you know the phrase is "I couldn't care less" rather than the nonsensical "I could care less."

martryn
148 Ratings

Post by martryn »

To update from two years ago, I have a job but it hasn't kept me from vigorously masturbating on a frequent basis.

Gregzilla
182 Ratings

Post by Gregzilla »

Excellent! Keep up the good fap.