Introduce Yourself

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Snufkin88
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Introduce Yourself

Post by Snufkin88 »

HI. I'm John from the 'united' Kingdoms..
My favourite film is Open Your Eyes.
This site is sublime and for someone who loves cinema and ranking films out of 100 instead of 5, just what I needed.

law
245 Ratings

Post by law »

Hey, all. I'm so happy I found Criticker last year. It's helping me to save my time and effort for better movies and TV shows, instead of wasting myself on stuff I won't enjoy. I've tried to introduce others to this site, but they don't seem to appreciate the real, material benefits of having something curate your viewing experiences based on your tastes.

floflo79
0 Ratings

Post by floflo79 »

Hi, my name is Florian, i'm a young French guy searching for new movies to like or love. I'm currently struggling a bit with the site's system, and I don't understand the recommended movies too much, but i'll see how it will evolve.

Nilbog
7 Ratings

Post by Nilbog »

hey so I've realised that, despite using this site for over 2 years, I've never introduced myself. I'm Nilbog from Switzerland. What up Criticker

danny800
0 Ratings

Post by danny800 »

hello my names danny and i love cartoons and finding cartoons that are not for kids some of my favirote cartoons are Adult cartoons like the simpsons futurama family guy south park happy tree freinds american dad and ren and stimpy i still cant believe it was on Nickelodeon :lol: very messed up show great show though other shows i like are regular show adventure time MAD the looney tunes show spongebob the loud house and rockos modern life i like videogames dogs and my favirote films are from Pixar Aardman and Dreamworks :D

itsben
36 Ratings

Post by itsben »

Nilbog wrote:hey so I've realised that, despite using this site for over 2 years, I've never introduced myself. I'm Nilbog from Switzerland. What up Criticker

Nilbog? That's goblin spelled backwards!!!!! This is their kingdom!!!!

Flanker_33
Ratings

Post by Flanker_33 »

Hi everyone, I'm Flanker, 29, from France, and I joined in here because I feel like I don't know enough about cinema, so I figured I'd join a forum about rating movies to not only discover great (and bad) things, but to learn WHY they're good or bad as well. I hope I've found the right place!

rman_nl
5 Ratings

Post by rman_nl »

Hi, My name is Herman. I'm living in The Netherlands (e.u.).
I like art house movies and s.f. and some detective police series/movies as well. Mostly European like The Bridge (=Bron) and "Broadchurch".

The score points system feels counter-intuitive for me. 1-100 and then 70 = bad? Makes no sense imho.
Plz Where can I find more info about this?

karamazov.
51 Ratings

re: Introduce Yourself

Post by karamazov. »

rman_nl wrote:The score points system feels counter-intuitive for me. 1-100 and then 70 = bad? Makes no sense imho.
Plz Where can I find more info about this?

This page should help: https://www.criticker.com/explain/

JMagnesium
Ratings

Post by JMagnesium »

Hi all, JMagnesium. I just joined and love what I've seen of Criticker so far. (I came to escape the Rotten Tomatoes drama.)
I was really surprised when I rated a movie 70 (I meant "pretty OK") and the site marked it red and labeled it "terrible", but after a little reading up, it looks like I just have to keep rating more movies so the algorithm gets a better idea of the range I use.
So far, I really like how transparent and individual-preference-based this all is. I can feel all my movie-rating angst deflate as I think about it. *Hahhhh...* peace.

My only quip is I wish Criticker looked more modern. I think more people would use it. I almost exited the tab immediately when I saw the early-2000s boxes and colors. I thought "no way this site has an active community." Then, after using it for about 30 seconds, I realized its functionality is top-notch. This site is seriously fine-tuned to be intuitive, functional, and inviting. Still, it really, really needs to look modern, in my humble opinion.