Good job everyone

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
BadCosmonaut
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Good job everyone

Post by BadCosmonaut »

Another user with so many ratings is robot2xl. I've sent this person a message before but no reply.

ribcage
0 Ratings

Post by ribcage »

So RavynLoony actually has alot of time to watch movies, so a large portion are legitimate. The ones that aren't are scores inputted using Imdb scores so they can increase PSIs in a genre (i.e. silent films) to find movies to watch for a podcast easier.

That's roughly the gist anyway.

emreco
0 Ratings

Post by emreco »

I don't know how it is possible that someone has seen and rated Captain Marvel, before it is released anywhere in the world. You can check that "someone" by visiting film's Criticker page.

Maybe, it is a good idea to block ratings before a film's release, just like IMDb does.

CosmicMonkey
160 Ratings

Post by CosmicMonkey »

ribcage wrote:So RavynLoony actually has alot of time to watch movies, so a large portion are legitimate. The ones that aren't are scores inputted using Imdb scores so they can increase PSIs in a genre (i.e. silent films) to find movies to watch for a podcast easier.

That's roughly the gist anyway.

Okay, but how are there imdb rankings for a lost film that no one under the age of 100 could have seen?

ribcage
0 Ratings

Post by ribcage »

I assume they represent scores assigned by people who deeply researched papers of the time to find contemporary reviews and apply numerical value to the sentiment of the reviews so that while we might not have the film anymore, we can at least have it rated on a 1-10 scale.

Luna6ix
0 Ratings

Post by Luna6ix »

For at least the one I submitted, there are no ratings on IMDB either, so I'd be curious how this user came up with their score.

Frank
0 Ratings

Post by Frank »

Luna6ix wrote:For at least the one I submitted, there are no ratings on IMDB either, so I'd be curious how this user came up with their score.

I use a 10-100 scale where 1 is a movie so bad I couldn't even finish watching it. Maybe they use the same scale but gave it that extra 1 to differentiate stopped watching and physically unable to watch :lol:

ribcage
0 Ratings

Post by ribcage »

That's brilliant. I'm gonna start 0ing out all these lost films now. They must be pretty terrible if they're so dated they've gone straight out of existence right?

JSchlansky
595 Ratings

Post by JSchlansky »

We all know things don't exist if you can't see them. It's the very foundation peek-a-boo