The Ten Worst Films of 2017

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
mpowell
1 Ratings
Your TCI: na

The Ten Worst Films of 2017

Post by mpowell »

What will 2017 be remembered for? Trump-tweets? The wave against sexual harrasment? The solar eclipse? The strife in Myanmar and Yemen? Well, we know a few things people won't be talking about years down the line. Ten things, in fact. Here are the worst films of this year, as rated (and ridiculed) by the Criticker community.

10. Unforgettable - 2.2727 Average Tier

"Unforgettable is a throwback to the post-Fatal Attraction era of domestic thrillers where a psychotic neighbour/co-worker/babysitter/ex-spouse or partner becomes obsessed with the idea of ruining a person and/or family's life, mostly due to jealousy and resentment. When done right they can be guilty pleasures, but Unforgettable is poorly written and largely devoid of thrills or eroticism. Heigl and Dawson try, but it's played too straight to be effective, and the end result is utter tedium." - Yiannos

9. The Mummy - 2.2500 Average Tier

"It was painstakingly mediocre in every aspect; acting, scenario, effects, music... There was not a single aspect that stands out. My mom and me nearly fell asleep after 1 hour. And then it got worse; the Jeykll/Hyde thing was ridiculous. It was a bit like that messed-up dessert thing in Friends, a layer of jam, a layer of pudding, then a layer of minced meat, then a layer of cheese... It was that awkward." - evrana

8. Transformers: The Last Knight - 2.2275 Average Tier

"This couldn't have been any more incomprehensible if it had been dubbed in Chinese, with or without subtitles. What a mess, with a breakneck at all costs momentum that never subsides. It doesn't flow, it smothers. And BTW, Che Guevara was a world class asshole. WTF! If they make another one and anybody sees me buying a ticket, please just shoot me." - Stewball

7. Geostorm - 2.2222 Average Tier

"Shitstorm." - bowfinger

6. The Snowman - 2.1887 Average Tier

"Quite embarrassing for everyone involved. The crime they should have been investigating was Val Kilmer's scenes." - cagedwisdom

5. Flatliners - 2.0299 Average Tier

"Truly disappointing. Hollywood takes another big classic and turns it into a moralistic play with some crappy Hollywood ending. Don't waste your time on this." - td888

4. Rings - 1.8693 Average Tier

"I put on Rings, my phone also rings, and a voice whispers "Seven scenes". Several minutes later, the movie is still playing but I am dead inside." - Barthalen

3. The Bye Bye Man - 1.8533 Average Tier

"A god-awfully acted, unscary piece of crap. No idea why Carrie-Anne Moss and Faye Dunaway were slumming it in this failure. The very name of the C-list demon is irritating: you don't get to be a reaper summoned from the depths of hell if the name that calls you is something ridiculous like "Bye Bye Man". Don't think it, don't say it, don't see it." - mwgerb

2. Fifty Shades Darker - 1.8281 Average Tier

"Now, I'm no creationist, and I might sell bibles for a living, but this is nothing more than a smut film. And I know my smut films. Even the smut scenes were boring. Left me wishing it was a snuff film. Then I'd be at least 50% satisfied with the ending." - mhouska12

1. The Emoji Movie - 1.5392 Average Tier

"Someone make a Kurt Cobain shotgun in mouth emoji for me so I can plug it in here." - BillyShears

Countdown
0 Ratings

Re: The Ten Worst Films of 2017

Post by Countdown »

The only movie on here I've seen was The Mummy. I gave it a 25 score, so right around the average. You know what though? I didn't hate it. It was one of those fascinating bad movies that's made all the more interesting by its huge budget. Like Fan4stic, it just makes you wonder how in the world something like this got through all the people in a big studio system.

avgcrtckr
0 Ratings

Post by avgcrtckr »

Death Note (2017) 23
The Mummy (2017) 23
Rosso Istanbul (2017) 23
Geostorm (2017) 22
The Snowman (2017) 22
Transformers: The Last Knight (2017) 22
Flatliners (2017) 20
Rings (2017) 19
Fifty Shades Darker (2017) 18
Recep Ivedik 5 (2017) 16
The Emoji Movie (2017) 15

CMonster
229 Ratings

Post by CMonster »

I didn't watch to much in terms of TV or movies in 2017. Just happened that way. Pretty much everything I ranked was at least passable. The lone stand out piece of utter worthless garbage was Neflix's Narvel's Iron Fist. Truly a waste. I detest that show with a passion.

Malcym
0 Ratings

Post by Malcym »

1. King Arthur: Legend of the Sword
2. Darkest Hour
3. The Beguiled
4. Justice League
5. The Hero
6. Beauty and the Beast
7. Pop Aye