Comparable site to criticker for music?

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
Midaso
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Comparable site to criticker for music?

Post by Midaso »

Anyone know if there is anything similar out there? I know rateyourmusic is the best known one out there and I do have an account there but I could never really motivate myself to rate stuff because you can't seem to be able to filter your ratings. I mean,on here I like being able to see what my favourite 1980s movies are,or favourite Australian movies or whatever. When I used to contribute to polls of my top albums/songs of each year in forums,I used to mainly use my itunes playcounts as the basis for that but I don't use an ipod anymore. I used to use lastfm as well which is OK,but nothing seems to fit the bill. I just want a record/rating of all the albums/songs I've ever heard and be able to filter it like you can on here...

BillyShears
1938 Ratings

Re: Comparable site to criticker for music?

Post by BillyShears »

Maybe one day they’ll add music here, they did for video games. I want to write pithy reviews for Kiss albums.

AFlickering
287 Ratings

Re: Comparable site to criticker for music?

Post by AFlickering »

Midaso wrote:Anyone know if there is anything similar out there? I know rateyourmusic is the best known one out there and I do have an account there but I could never really motivate myself to rate stuff because you can't seem to be able to filter your ratings. I mean,on here I like being able to see what my favourite 1980s movies are,or favourite Australian movies or whatever. When I used to contribute to polls of my top albums/songs of each year in forums,I used to mainly use my itunes playcounts as the basis for that but I don't use an ipod anymore. I used to use lastfm as well which is OK,but nothing seems to fit the bill. I just want a record/rating of all the albums/songs I've ever heard and be able to filter it like you can on here...

you can filter your rateyourmusic ratings by year, genre, band etc as things stand, but they'll soon be launching sonemic, which is a vastly upgraded version of the site with a ton of new features. look out for that.