100 things I hate in movies

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
MacSwell
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: 100 things I hate in movies

Post by MacSwell »

88. Character falling "comically" and shouting "I'm okay" to either an empty street or totally uninterested bystanders.

livelove
0 Ratings

Post by livelove »

89. set lighting in locations without any light source (for the sole purpose of illuminating the actor's faces):
e.g. a cave at night or house at night with all lights off, etc.
Last edited by livelove on Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MacSwell
0 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

90. When characters take cover behind a material that bullets would easily tear through. And just goons being awful shots in general

livelove
0 Ratings

Post by livelove »

91. Star actor taking off his helmet just to be identifiable by the movie audience, although it makes zero sense in the movie (i.e. car race, SWAT operation, alien attack, etc.)

coffee
0 Ratings

Post by coffee »

92. Men fighting in full body armors while women are wearing things better suited for a butch beach scene.

philamental
55 Ratings

Post by philamental »

93. *Any* character of *any* age, gender, size, strength etc will be able to immediately knock someone unconscious by hitting them on the head with any random object that came to hand. Realistically speaking an untrained individual is probably more likely to kill someone or merely piss them off than they would be able to knock them out with a single blow.

coffee
0 Ratings

Post by coffee »

94. Child actors who are not children.

* Jackson Rathbone in Avatar The Last Airbender is one of the best examples. The guy was 26 playing a 16 old Sokka.

livelove
0 Ratings

Post by livelove »

95. 10 machine guns barely missing the hero over minutes of sustained gunfire, while the hero has one shot one hit
... or generally speaking when the hero survives insurmountable odds

96. kissing a furiously pissed-off girl to calm her (soooo doesn't work in real life) © spoookykid

97. car chases never encounter traffic jams © MarsNirgal

98. phone call : “turn on the tv”
tv: “exactly the correct station at the beginning of the news story the person called about”
© OilyEggs

99. getting out of bed after having sex but still wearing underwear © DaveNay

who will finish the 100 ?

coffee
0 Ratings

Post by coffee »

livelove wrote:95. 10 machine guns barely missing the hero over minutes of sustained gunfire, while the hero has one shot one hit

That's the summary of 90 percent of modern action films.

ribcage
0 Ratings

Post by ribcage »

philamental wrote:93. *Any* character of *any* age, gender, size, strength etc will be able to immediately knock someone unconscious by hitting them on the head with any random object that came to hand. Realistically speaking an untrained individual is probably more likely to kill someone or merely piss them off than they would be able to knock them out with a single blow.

I accept this shortcut bc it's so prevalent and because it's quicker than say, showing a guard being subdued, restrained, hidden, etc. Though some movies/series get out of hand...seems anytime the plot needs to move in BTTF, the running gag is to give Marty a concussion, dude would probably not be able to walk or speak right after...oh wait, maybe they did it to him for real??