100 things I hate in movies

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
livelove
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: 100 things I hate in movies

Post by livelove »

come on guys, I have some more waiting in line,
but I'd like to let someone move in for the kill and complete the 100.
Anyone ?

snallygaster
0 Ratings

Post by snallygaster »

Okay, I'll come out of hibernation for this.
Since "young characters being played by older characters" has been mentioned about 101 times, I'll list a few:
100. Character with gun pointed at his head shouts "go ahead, do it!" to make aggressor lower his weapon
101. Enemies can't hit hero with regular/"kill" shots but can hit at will with "stun" shots
102. (kind of personal peeve), I hate when the end of the movie is announced by the title of the movie. Benign remark -> witty response -> sly look at camera -> MOVIE TITLE! (end credits)
103. "Typing" but not using space bar

livelove
0 Ratings

Post by livelove »

ha ha those are good ones :lol: :lol: thanks

104. car/motorcycle chase on sidewalk with 100 pedestrians jumping sideways for safety all just right in time
105. doors left open which would be closed in real world, e.g. appartment door — makes me so uncomfortable just by the look of it
106. fleeing person carelessly leaving doors open behind him, thereby showing his pursuers the way
107. getaway car driving with ridiculous speed, thereby alerting police and getting caught, when getaway with normal speed would have perfectly blended in in traffic

philamental
55 Ratings

Post by philamental »

108. When weak excuses are made at the beginning to explain why mobile phones don't work, as the entire plot will later hinge on nobody being able to use a mobile phone.

livelove
0 Ratings

Post by livelove »

109. surveillance camera footage under review: "enlarge this section", "yes, sir!", "augment the quality", "right away, sir!" --> pixelized image becomes crystal clear

coffee
0 Ratings

Post by coffee »

livelove wrote:109. surveillance camera footage under review: "enlarge this section", "yes, sir!", "augment the quality", "right away, sir!" --> pixelized image becomes crystal clear

Let's enhance.

livelove
0 Ratings

Post by livelove »

haha, that was brilliant !! :D :D

livelove
0 Ratings

Post by livelove »

110. no cell phone signal

PrestoBix
0 Ratings

Post by PrestoBix »

My absolute number one pet peeve is when the lead is either annoyingly stupid or a complete pushover, to the point where the main conflict of the movie can be resolved by simply having the slightest backbone or by employing a little bit of honesty. Examples are Meet the Parents and the Beatles-themed Danny Boyle movie from this year, Yesterday. Also, it seems like the majority of the time relationship issues are depicted, it falls into this problem.

When wives are objectified by the writers of the movie so that they literally only exist to depict the state of the protagonist's home life is. They aren't people, they're just a window into the state of the protagonist's household, and the exact same thing could be done by having them read a diary entry. I am against any "abuse" of characters by writers, where they get turned into objects for the means of moving plot or developing a character that isn't their own.

livelove
0 Ratings

Post by livelove »

good ones :)

113. jumping away from explosions