Worst Film of 2018?

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
CosmicMonkey
160 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Worst Film of 2018?

Post by CosmicMonkey »

A lot of major releases of 2018 are still yet to be released, especially internationally, so it's still probably a little to early to start discussion on the best films of the year, but like I say each year, it's never too early to talk about the worst!

Alright critickers, what were the films that drove you up a wall? What were the films y'all hated this year?

CosmicMonkey
160 Ratings

Re: Worst Film of 2018?

Post by CosmicMonkey »

I'll go first. I haven't seen a lot of films this year, but so far the worst film of the year for me was A Wrinkle in Time. I've loved Duvernay's previous work, but this really disappointed me; with a bad script and poor casting decisions it was ultimately a completely boring, unengaging film.

Adds
55 Ratings

Post by Adds »

I couldn't even finish Under the Silver Lake, and I finish pretty much everything. I had such high hopes. How could I possibly dislike something Andrew Garfield is in?

Another waste of my time was Mandy. I don't know who the target audience is but it certainly isn't me.

Besides these 2 recent watches this year has been quite good.

Neonman
0 Ratings

Post by Neonman »

I'd like to know if anyone saw a film from this year worse than Best F(r)iends: Part One -- boy, what that a stinker in every regard that was, and I'll be damned if I'm going to check out Part Two.

Stewball
0 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

Overlord, as if we didn't have enough horror BS already, and D Day had plenty of actual horror to spare anyway. Stupid.

zevel6
0 Ratings

Post by zevel6 »

Escape Plan 2: Hades

ribcage
0 Ratings

Post by ribcage »

Game Over Man, Red Sparrow, and Proud Mary hit lows, but my scores for this year bottom out with Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom.

Game Over Man is just a cheap Die Hard parody that's only marginally better than our last decade of Parody Movie movies. Red Sparrow tries so hard to be...well everything, thriller, romance, character study, and ends up being an hour long exploitation film with a bad spy story at the back. Proud Mary squanders its "black woman John Wick" promise made in the trailer by only having 90 seconds of action.

schnofel
0 Ratings

Post by schnofel »

Adds wrote:I couldn't even finish Under the Silver Lake, and I finish pretty much everything. I had such high hopes. How could I possibly dislike something Andrew Garfield is in?

Another waste of my time was Mandy. I don't know who the target audience is but it certainly isn't me.

Besides these 2 recent watches this year has been quite good.

I second these choices.

livelove
0 Ratings

Post by livelove »

CosmicMonkey wrote:Alright critickers, what were the films that drove you up a wall? What were the films y'all hated this year?
films we watched this year or films released this year ?

CosmicMonkey
160 Ratings

Post by CosmicMonkey »

Films released this year is what I was intending.