Hello all! :)

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
MmzHrrdb
Your TCI: na

Re: Hello all! :)

Post by MmzHrrdb »

and well the design / layout is still hard for me to enjoy, but like i said above, its all about server capacities i presume.

PrestoBix
0 Ratings

Post by PrestoBix »

PedroPT wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:29 am
julesfmb wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:17 am
I'm here mostly because of the rating scale. 1 to 100. I love it! Allows me to be as specific as I want. Also the compatibility and recommendation system. It always reminds me of what I "should" watch based on what I have. Sometimes a wishlist is not enough, since it gets forgotten once things pile up.
im still lost on the rating scale, i wanted to change it like i see on many people that use for example a 1 to 5 sale but i still dont get it. i tried it, and messed up all my rating and had to import them again xD
You can use any rating system you want and Criticker will adjust to it so long as you use the system for every last rating. E.G., switch to a 0 - 5 scale and leaving a stray 89 will cause issues.

Use whatever makes sense in your head, but remember that using all the granularity (using a 0 - 100 scale) will produce more accurate PSI's.

0 to 5 sounds very restrictive to me. Remember that even a classic Ebert-style 0 to 4 stars system has 9 options, not 4.

TheDenizen
0 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

ShogunRua wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:20 am
Social media has been an unmitigated pox on humanity, making people dumber, more antisocial, more extreme in their views, angrier, less happy, lowered attention spans, and encouraged and developed all manner of mental illness.

Thus, Criticker having a smaller social element (just an old-school message board attached to the main site) is very much a point in its favor.
Shogun speaks hard truths. I've never been attracted to the social media elements of any site. I stay with Criticker because 1) old habits die hard and 2) the PSI and recommendation engine is second to none.