Country Filter for All My Rankings

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
coffee
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Country Filter for All My Rankings

Post by coffee »

I suppose it's a difficult thing to do but is there a chance to make a country filter for the "all my rankings" section. So I can learn how many Japanese movie I've ever watched or Spanish.....

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Actually... we're planning on doing exactly that. It has been difficult, but we are collecting country information, and are planning soon on adding it as a filtering option. Just be a bit patient, because we're still working on a couple bugs, and I'm unsure when we'll have a chance to get this feature out.

coffee
0 Ratings

Post by coffee »

Country filter works. Thanks for that. But when I selected France, Pride & Prejudice is in the list. Lord of War (2005), Babusya (2003), eXistenZ (1999).... how can they be in my 'France' list?

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Believe it or not, those movies were co-productions with France. Check out IMDB, for Lord of War as an example. France is listed even before the States.

But I agree this feels misleading, even though it's technically correct. Perhaps we should use "language" as the basis for filtering by country? But then, it'd be hard to differentiate between english-speaking lands. Maybe a combination of both Country and Language?

Any other ideas?

TheAlliance
0 Ratings

Post by TheAlliance »

Language would be better i think, it doesn't really matter which countries were involved in the production. It's the director, actors, equipment and the right crew (and budget?) that make a film great/bad. So, what i am saying is that the country-filtering option lacks meaning, atleast for me...

In my opinion the language option is more usefull for us users, and well.. since you added the country thingy.. i would leave it there. If might be fun to check which other productions/films were made by small country x or even smaller country y. (Like mine, The Netherlands)

coffee
0 Ratings

Post by coffee »

Yes, I think a language filter would do better too. And the country filter should remain. It has a value as information.

CitizenX
0 Ratings

Post by CitizenX »

and it would be great if there was a "not american" option in the pulldown for countries