Average Tier Of A Movie

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
sengir
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Average Tier Of A Movie

Post by sengir »

I think this has been asked before but am unsure, is it possible for the future to be able to see the average tiers of all movies (maybe even sort the film database by average tier). I know this is used in the special sponsor features and the dvd reports, but I would love to sort the database by average tier to see which movies end up on top.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Re: Average Tier Of A Movie

Post by mpowell »

This is one we've had on file for a long time... we've always resisted implementing it, because it could distract attention from the PSI, which is a much more personal number.

But, extra information is never really a bad thing -- so, this is still in our list as something to be added to the Film Information page. I can see that the average tier would be really interesting info, especially when contrasted with your PSI.

sengir
0 Ratings

Post by sengir »

Thanks for that, I would be interested in it for one :)

Loerst
0 Ratings

Post by Loerst »

mpowell wrote:This is one we've had on file for a long time... we've always resisted implementing it, because it could distract attention from the PSI, which is a much more personal number.

But, extra information is never really a bad thing -- so, this is still in our list as something to be added to the Film Information page. I can see that the average tier would be really interesting info, especially when contrasted with your PSI.

It could be done without much problem (I suppose) by adding additional user (Criticker_average?) in to the database so it would appear there in the same way as "imdb" user does. That way it would not distract anyone, but if anyone would like to see an average tier, it would be there to see.