Difficulties in navigation

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
Lorcryse
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Difficulties in navigation

Post by Lorcryse »

This site is difficult to navigate. How do you start a new thread in the forum?
Also, when I edited my profile, \"/\" came up before every \" \' \" . Can that be fixed.
Lastly, it pisses me off that a rating from 0 - 100 is mandated to say that you\'ve seen a film. Can this be fixed?

fyngyrz
0 Ratings

Post by fyngyrz »

\"Lastly, it pisses me off that a rating from 0 - 100 is mandated to say that you\'ve seen a film. Can this be fixed?\"

Ok, I\'ll bite: Why, if you have NOT seen a film, would you rate it? Isn\'t that dishonest?

Lorcryse
0 Ratings

Post by Lorcryse »

The same reason you\'d reply to a post that you have failed to read.

I said: \"it pisses me off that a rating from 0 - 100 is mandated to say that you\'ve seen a film. Can this be fixed?\". MEANING: I want to show that I\'ve seen a film WITHOUT giving it a rating.

fyngyrz
0 Ratings

Post by fyngyrz »

I did read your post; the phrasing is ambiguous, certainly allowing either reading, and the one you intended is far from obvious because it doesn\'t directly support the site\'s intent that the users benefit each other with their opinions.

I see what you were getting at now, though I don\'t share your interest in such a feature.

Thanks for your reply, and have a lovely day.

Lorcryse
0 Ratings

Post by Lorcryse »

I fail to see how you could misinterpret what I said based on how I worded it. I don\'t see how anything else could be derived from my statement.

And my wants do not defeat the purpose of sharing your opinions. A good review could easily be written with out assiging a number of points to a film. I don\'t like the points system because it feels like I\'m putting one film over another, saying that one is better than the next because of the number of points. I enjoy the Planet of the Apes sequels, but I would probably not give them a high rating because they are not supirior works of film. Do you see where I\'m going?

KGB
0 Ratings

Post by KGB »

At least -I- see where are you going, but it is pointless to fight aganist it. I mean, of course rating are tricky, and you have to differ the quality of the film and how much did you enjoyed it... But there\'s no sense in giving a review to a film you won\'t rank. Criticker works on the rankings, after all.

Lorcryse
0 Ratings

Post by Lorcryse »

I disagree with there being no point in giving a review of a film without giving it a number rating. Reviews are more insigtful. The numbers mean nothing if there\'s no review to go along with it. From what I\'ve seen, very few people say anything about the films they rate. But that\'s a different discussion.

I\'m not fighting against anything. I said that I didn\'t like that I couldn\'t say that I had seen a movie with out giving it a number rating and I asked if there was a way around that. A simple yes or no from an administrator of the site would suffice. But you and the other guy are making this more than what it is. I watched Once Upon a Time in Mexico last night and want to mark that I\'ve seen it. But I need to watch it again before I can give it a rating, I feel a rating of a film after one view is unjust.

Filligan
204 Ratings

Post by Filligan »

Criticker is about the rating system, though. If you want to just review films, there are plenty of different sites.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Hi Lorcryse --
I\'m one of the administrators of Criticker. Unfortunately, I don\'t think I have the answer you\'re looking for. Currently, the only way to mark a film as \"seen\" is to rank it between 0 and 100. It\'s an interesting suggestion, though, to be able to write a review for a film without using a score -- I\'ve recorded that as an enhancement to look into later.

The slash before quotes is something we definitely can fix ... it\'s an issue that has recently reappeared after our move to a faster server.

And I agree that the forums are difficult to use, in their current form. We do plan on switching to better forum software sometime soon.

Lorcryse
0 Ratings

Post by Lorcryse »

Thanks for answering my questions.