Facebook app

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
emtilt
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Facebook app

Post by emtilt »

Will there be a facebook app ever again? The really old one is no longer compatible with facebook.

vincente
0 Ratings

Re: Facebook app

Post by vincente »

We just added a new feature relating to Facebook. Check it out:

http://www.criticker.com/blog/index.php ... k-profile/

miss jesus
0 Ratings

Post by miss jesus »

I enabled this--at least, I did everything necessary to enable it to my knowledge--and it is not adding anything to Facebook. I'm using Firefox 3.6.10. I tried it with IE 7.0.5730.13 earlier and still no go.

I enabled the program from my profile. A new tab opened asking me to sign into FB, then when I did it asked me to give permission to share data with the program, and I did. Am I missing something?

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

miss jesus wrote:I enabled this--at least, I did everything necessary to enable it to my knowledge--and it is not adding anything to Facebook. I'm using Firefox 3.6.10. I tried it with IE 7.0.5730.13 earlier and still no go.

I enabled the program from my profile. A new tab opened asking me to sign into FB, then when I did it asked me to give permission to share data with the program, and I did. Am I missing something?

You're not missing anything... that's how it should work. Earlier, we had problems which were corrupting some cookies used for FB verification -- the cookie which stores your facebook profile id. I wonder if this is the same problem preventing authentication in your case...

Could you try deleting all Criticker.com cookies? Then, log back into Criticker, connect to Facebook via the Profile page again, and try to rank another film.

Hopefully that works... I'm not sure it will. At any rate, let us know what happens!

miss jesus
0 Ratings

Post by miss jesus »

mpowell wrote:connect to Facebook via the Profile page again

OK, I got it. That option wasn't appearing in my profile. Under Recent Rankings there was just the phrase:

to automatically share your rankings and reviews

It just occurred to me that I could maybe find the link in the Page Source, though. I Ctrl+F'ed for that text and then clicked the link next to it, which indeed linked me to FB. Now it works!

Thanks for the awesome app! It's exactly what I wanted.