Finally It's Here: Mobile-Friendly Criticker

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
mpowell
1 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Finally It's Here: Mobile-Friendly Criticker

Post by mpowell »

td888 wrote:Yes, yes, you guys are the best. It works great on my mobile devices. No more continuous scrolling to the left and right. Also the desktop site looks and response feels much slicker. Great work!

Now, my last wish: excluding genres when searching the Criticker film database....

Thanks so much! Once we get through the issues that are cropping up, we think this will be a great new step forward for Criticker :)

bof
0 Ratings

Post by bof »

mpowell wrote:
bof wrote:And another thing, the search box seems messed up; when I click in it, the grey italic "Search criticker" text doesn't disappear, I have to manually delete it before typing in my search term. When I do, the search term is still in grey and italics and it doesn't seem to autosuggest anything before I hit "Go". It does give me the correct search results after that, though.

This might actually provide a clue as to why the dropdowns aren't working on some devices. You're using Chrome, so I think you should be able to hit ctrl+alt+j to see the "Console" in the developer tools. Can you either write down, or take a screenshot of anything that looks suspect, and send it to support@criticker.com?

Ah, got it. I had an adblocker I'd forgot to disable on this computer, once I did that everything worked normally again. Hey, it's one way of getting people to look at ads I guess... 8-) ETA: Except the search results page still doesn't differentiate between movies I have rated and movies I haven't, it still only displays my probable scores.

ribcage
0 Ratings

Post by ribcage »

On Android if I search a film but don't go directly to its page the search results list won't show me my ranking on any films I've ranked...they all display the PSIs.

djross
10 Ratings

Post by djross »

mpowell wrote:
djross wrote:Using iPad, if I'm on the profile page, and I click one of the buttons like "Best TCIs" and so on, or if I click on one of my messages to read it, it causes the drop down menus to vanish.

Although we haven't been able to reproduce this, yet, we did identify a place we could strengthen the code that hides/displays menus. Could you check again and see if it looks any better? Please make sure to ctrl+refresh to get the new CSS and JS.

Yes this is fixed now. By the way, I don't think you can ctrl+refresh with an iPad.

MacSwell
0 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

Rankings page still having trouble. Still not lining up correctly and "Order By" causes one to view the whole database in order rather than their own rankings.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

djross wrote:Using iOS on iPhone, there are some problems:

on the profile page, it shows "recent rankings", but it seems there's no way to switch to "Best TCIs", "Remembered List", "Recent Kumpel Activity" and so on. Is that deliberate?

Not deliberate! (Well... a little deliberate). To save room on mobile devices, we compressed these options under a menu, which should appear when you press the hamburger icon, next to "Recent Rankings". Is that not working for you?

philamental
55 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Finally It's Here: Mobile-Friendly Criticker

I dunno ... Wasn't it fine the way it was? Can we not have the option to go back? This just seems like change for the sake of change!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Joking of course! Great job guys. I see some bugs being reported here but for the most part I've been really impressed with my initial mobile experience. I didn't think it would be this good on your first attempt (I'm not sure whether you'll see this as praise or backhanded insult lol )

Two pieces of feedback in case it's of interest.

1. Initially I found a number of pages were still displaying the old site, while others had the new. I thought it might be a bug, but I cleared my cache in Chrome and all pages are now working correctly.
2. The only bug I've found is with the Blog page. Navigating to it is fine, but while it does appear as the mobile friendly version, it isn't suitably resized as default so I have to zoom in to read the text. In addition the menu button doesn't seem to work there so I have to go back to the home page to move away from it.

Again, great job fellas!

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

philamental wrote:I dunno ... Wasn't it fine the way it was? Can we not have the option to go back? This just seems like change for the sake of change!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Joking of course!

Haha... I'll admit you had me worried for a second, there :) Thanks for the input! And...

philamental wrote:I didn't think it would be this good on your first attempt (I'm not sure whether you'll see this as praise or backhanded insult lol )

... we'll take everything you said as a compliment :D

MacSwell
0 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

Maaxwell wrote:Rankings page still having trouble. Still not lining up correctly and "Order By" causes one to view the whole database in order rather than their own rankings.

The lining up has been corrected, but I typically view this page at 90% zoom (otherwise the text is too big for my eyes) and that's when it falls out of line.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Maaxwell wrote:Rankings page still having trouble. Still not lining up correctly and "Order By" causes one to view the whole database in order rather than their own rankings.

I think the "Order By" problem should be solved now. Could you check again, and let us know if it looks better?