Couple of ideas/requests

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
zevel6
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Couple of ideas/requests

Post by zevel6 »

Hi,

I had a couple of ideas/requests for the site that I wasn't sure was on your radar or previously requested -

I noticed that when you rate a movie you have already previously rated the date does not change (you need to delete the rating and rerate to do that) - I'm not sure if others have thoughts on this but there is an arguement that the date should update to the most recent date rated (IMDB follows this route too).

Furthermore, I wanted to suggest an idea for additional statistics (for sponsored members or all) - one idea is to add statistics of the number of movies you've rated per year; including your average score and average percentile per year. I thought this could be interesting.

BadCosmonaut
0 Ratings

Re: Couple of ideas/requests

Post by BadCosmonaut »

I'd prefer to see the original rated date as it is now. Sometimes I go back and change a score, even if I don't rewatch the movie. The date I change the score isn't important to me, but the date I originally watched it is important to me.

That said, it doesn't have to be one or the other. They could make it an option whether you see the original date or most recent date. Or they can show the full history (of both date rated and score) when you mouse over the date. Or they can just show both in the same location, like one on top of the other.

I'm all for more statistics though.

Victoriouz
23 Ratings

Post by Victoriouz »

BadCosmonaut wrote:I'd prefer to see the original rated date as it is now.

Same here.

Everytime I finish watching a new season of a tv show, I update my rating to reflect the new score, and I choose to edit it on purpose instead of deleting and re-rating specifically so it'll keep the old date.

(don't ask me why I do it though - maybe to show that I've been watching since it first started airing instead of being a new viewer or something? because in my opinion, watching the episodes weekly makes the experience very different from binge watching, but probably no one cares about the date I rated stuff so idk)

BadCosmonaut wrote:I'm all for more statistics though.

+1

zevel6
0 Ratings

Post by zevel6 »

BadCosmonaut wrote:Or they can show the full history (of both date rated and score) when you mouse over the date. Or they can just show both in the same location, like one on top of the other.

I like the sound of this. No idea how difficult it is to code though.

djross
10 Ratings

Post by djross »

x
Last edited by djross on Thu Jul 20, 2023 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Velvet Crowe
1137 Ratings

Post by Velvet Crowe »

I think it should show when you originally rated it and when you re-rated it, but I'm fine with the system as it is now.

livelove
0 Ratings

re: ranking dates

Post by livelove »

BadCosmonaut wrote:it doesn't have to be one or the other […] they can show the full history (of both date rated and score) when you mouse over the date. Or they can just show both in the same location, like one on top of the other.
PendejoJorge wrote:I think it should show when you originally rated it and when you re-rated it
please put me also down as support for both dates, because it is both interesting to know ...
• when you first watched a film
• AND how recently you re-watched/re-ranked it – i.e. how up-to-date your score is (among other things, in order to identify the films/scores that are in need of a "routine medical check" :))