Why show a PSI when it is based on only a few TCIs ?

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
oplars
28 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Why show a PSI when it is based on only a few TCIs ?

Post by oplars »

I was curious to see if changing to percentiles would give better predictions.
A movie called Notre-dame de Paris (1999) was suggested with a PSI at 100.
I know from experience that I should not be fooled by this, and when looking further into it, I found that
this PSI was based on only 4 TCIs, even not good ones, of which two of them had rated it 100.
(Why all four is not taken into consideration is in itself strange, as then the PSI would have been way lower).
I guess that Criticker would improve a lot, if PSI based on a low number of not good TCIs was marked as uncertain (e.g. in
parentheses or grayed out) - or maybe even better: not appear at all. Or there could be an option for choosing how many TCIs necessary for producing a PSI, so one could choose to only get reliable PSIs.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Re: Why show a PSI when it is based on only a few TCIs ?

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for the suggestion! We like the idea of being able to configure your preferred minimum of TCIs, and have added that to our list of possible enhancements for the future.

oplars
28 Ratings

Post by oplars »

Thanks for the advice, Kritikos, I´ll try that in my next search for a movie. I thought that "popularity" when filtering or sorting had to do with how popular the movie was among people in the world, but what you write seems to suggest that it is about how many people on Criticker have seen it. I can see how that will give more reliable recommendations.

And I am happy that my suggestion might become a part of future enhancement. :D

zappe
14 Ratings

Post by zappe »

How's this going?

zappe
14 Ratings

Post by zappe »

Is there any update on this?

paulofilmo
5 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

this was brought up in this thread (possibly elsewhere beforehand).

don't know the work/value in changing this. ideally there would just be a bunch more people rating stuff.