[new] show users who love your top films

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
livelove
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

[new] show users who love your top films

Post by livelove »

:idea: idea: add a way to discover the users who agree most on your absolute favourite films
(as they don't necessarily figure among your best TCIs !)

My idea comes in response to greghend's very intelligent observation:

greghend @ http://www.criticker.com/forum/viewtopi ... =10&t=7644 wrote:I would be interested to find those whose favorite films are my favorite films, but I feel like all of my top TCI's share some of my >90% movies but mostly match random ones throughout. For example, somebody who matches with my top 5 films but doesn't match as well with the remaining ones might not have as high of a rating as someone who just happens to match with a lot of my middle-lower tier films. I just feel like the important matches get diluted due to the amount of random matches.

To implement my idea, a new menu entry would be added directly below [you] > [best TCIs] called "best top film matches" or "top film soulmates" or something similar:

The link would display the top 10 users who agree best on your absolute favourite films, say your top 1% of films.

Example: If a user has ranked 300 films, only the 30 highest ranked films are considered. Then TCIs are calculated, but not based on all 300 ranked films, but only based on these 30 films (1%). Finally, the users with the highest TCIs-for-top-films are displayed in a vertical list, featuring a horizontal row for each user, populated with the movie posters of the 10 highest ranked films of each user, which you have NOT ranked (in order to get new suggestions).

benefits:
  • • users can discover potential new favourite films (especially if they appear multiple times, i.e. for more than 1 top ten user).

How do you like that idea ?
Last edited by livelove on Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:09 am, edited 4 times in total.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Re: [new] show users who love your top films

Post by mpowell »

Thanks for that suggestion! We're considering someday adding a bunch of ways to "tweak" the way your TCI is generated, and this would likely be among them. As always, this is something that we have no current plans to work on, but listed as an idea that might be worth looking into in the future.

livelove
0 Ratings

Re: [new] show users who love your top films

Post by livelove »

mpowell: thanks for the feedback, but I am unsure whether you read the suggestion the right way. The suggestion here is NOT to change the current method of TCI calculation, but to just generate a list of users who most agree on your favourite films.

Did you understand my idea, or would a visual mock-up be helpful?