Franchise naming

Ideas to improve Criticker and new feature requests, as well as announcements about new enhancements.
iconogassed
29 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Franchise naming

Post by iconogassed »

More formatting note than feature request. I would suggest that, when assigning names to franchises whose individual titles are quite different or otherwise unwieldy for the purposes of franchising (and there isn't already a readymade name for the franchise), that the title of the first film be used rather than blanks or ellipses or whatever for the variable word(s). For example, the franchise for Olympus Has Fallen and its two sequels. I think just leaving the franchise as "Olympus Has Fallen" is much clearer and cleaner than "... Has Fallen"

Or the franchise I just made for Clint Eastwood's monkey buddy movies, Every Which Way But Loose and Any Which Way You Can. I named the franchise "Every Which Way But Loose", and not "... Which Way ... ..."

A more extreme case, perhaps. But I think the point stands. 8-)

iconogassed
29 Ratings

Re: Franchise naming

Post by iconogassed »

Although now that I think about it, I really should have gone with "Clint's Monkey Buddies"

CosmicMonkey
160 Ratings

Re: Franchise naming

Post by CosmicMonkey »

Has Fallen is a little awkward but I think it's an appropriate name for the franchise (sans ellipsis)