[new] erratic behaviour in remembered/wishlist/ignored lists

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
livelove
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

[new] erratic behaviour in remembered/wishlist/ignored lists

Post by livelove »

Over here viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5481 Fenius and me, we discovered some peculiar behaviour of the remembered/wishlist/ignored collections. They may need some behavioural changes, but I don't even know what to suggest as an improvement.

We have identified at the least 3 problems, which I'll quickly summarize below, but it would be helpful, if you could read the entire thread, as we are not sure of what's going on exactly, and there might be more to it:

issue 1:
    As you can gather from the screenshots on page 2, we get different results displayed on our screens for the SAME steps (adding a film to the wishlist and then ignoring it), although we both use Firefox on Windows (XP and 10) and I made sure, that we followed the steps with deactivated caching. This is in itself a problem, as I cannot see a reason, why different users would see different results for the same commands.

issue 2:
    If my screenshots show the expected behaviour, then there is a bug in my screenshot 3:
    ignored banner and "enable" link are not displayed
    "ignore" link continues to be displayed instead
    (Note that this problem only occurs for me when ignoring a wishlisted film. When ignoring a film that is not on my wishlist, I do get both the ignored banner and the "enable" link just as expected.)

However, if Fenius' screenshots show the expected behaviour, then there is also a (different!) bug:
    • He curiously doesn't suffer from the lacking ignored banner (as I do).
    • However his screenshot 3 says "add Albert to your Criticker wishlist" although it's visibly already there.

issue 3:
    in Fenius' scenario, he reported that clicking "enable" in screenshot 3 removes the film from both the ignored list and the wishlist (expected behaviour: from ignored list only).
    I cannot try to reproduce this, as I don't even have the "enable" link in my screenshot 3 to begin with (see issue 2).