[confirmed] "order by PSI" hides films

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
livelove
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

[confirmed] "order by PSI" hides films

Post by livelove »

step to reproduce the bug: explore >> full database >> year: 1999 >> order by: PSI

actual results: Only films with PSI are shown. Films without PSI are hidden.

expected result: all films of 1999 should be shown, ordered by PSI. Films without PSI should be shown at the end of the list (or all PSIs be calculated, but if that can't be done, just show films without PSI at the end of the list).

In my case only 250 out of 1985 titles are shown when ordering by PSI. That is a meager 13%.
I don't consider this expected behaviour.

And the fact that this very question comes up regularly in the forums (3-4 times this month alone, e.g. here or here) goes to show, that users expect to see all films when ordering by PSI and don't understand why they are hidden. I don't see a good reason for hiding them either. It just limits the functionality and also leads to confusion among users.
Last edited by livelove on Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Re: "order by PSI" hides films

Post by mpowell »

Alright, we'll think about this. You're right that it does seem to be a frequently-asked question. I suppose that the way it's displayed does say "Sort on" PSI... not "Filter and Sort on PSI".

Thanks for taking the time to produce such a detailed report!

livelove
0 Ratings

Re: "order by PSI" hides films

Post by livelove »

mpowell wrote:You're right that it does seem to be a frequently-asked question.
I suppose that the way it's displayed does say "Sort on" PSI... not "Filter and Sort on PSI".
exactly

mpowell wrote:Thanks for taking the time to produce such a detailed report!
thank you, you are very welcome

livelove
0 Ratings

Re: [confirmed] "order by PSI" hides films

Post by livelove »