Slow Loading Pages

Encounter an error, or something which isn't working correctly? Please, let us know
philamental
55 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Slow Loading Pages

Post by philamental »

This may have been already logged but I can't see it anywhere. It's also been happening me for months and I just assumed it was a bug that would be identified and would be fixed in due course but as it still exists, here I am!

In short a notable number of pages on the site take about 6 seconds to load or refresh. This happens to me in multiple browsers on multiple devices, even mobile on different networks. The forums, my profile page and ratings page load fine, but TSIs, PSIs and Starred Reviews are examples of those which take a relative age to load. I had begun to suspect that maybe there was a bug in my profile causing a delay in retrieving database queries for anything to do with my account, but I note the same slow loading pages even when signed out.

While this won't stop me using the site, it is an annoyance so I'd like to see if there is any explanation for it or whether something can be done as it wasn't like this for the previous years I've been on here.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Re: Slow Loading Pages

Post by mpowell »

Funny you mention this now! We've just started a project to address exactly this. We think there are some database queries which are slowing things down, on certain pages. They need either more-optimized indexes or different approaches.

We plan on going through all the pages to make things faster, and hopefully you'll start seeing improvements soon!

philamental
55 Ratings

Re: Slow Loading Pages

Post by philamental »

Excellent news, thanks!

Happy to leave you work on its resolution in your own time. Good luck with your efforts!