The Youtube Thread

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
prowler
10 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: The Youtube Thread

Post by prowler »

bahahaha the ray story on the new podcast is fucking incredible

Bojangles
0 Ratings

Post by Bojangles »

prowler wrote:pretty pointless posting/listening to these on youtube, you can get them off http://carollaradio.com/
yep that podcast was cool, that rogan's a cool dude but he also talks a fair amount of bullshit

I just really needed an excuse to post it, and this thread filled that need. I originally listened to it on that site too.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

The ending of the Six Feet Under finale (MAJOR SPOILERS)

I've never seen the show but this is probably the saddest thing I've ever seen.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Makes me want to stand up and cheer. I can't think of a video more important given the times we live in.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

lol

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Radicalohank wrote:lol

Now I'm not being aggressive here, I'm just really curious as to how this works: does bringing down other people, emotionally, make you feel better as a person? I just want to hear some insight as they did on Tyra! Because, you know, I don't get pleasure out of other people's pain at all; unless they have personally offended me, I cringe at other people's embarassment and I tried to avoid it as much as I can.

I've been through some pretty hard stuff, not much less than your average schoolyard bully, and I just find it a hard thing to believe that a human being could get pleasure out of seeing another totally innocent and unrelated being in pain? I get pleasure out of self-pain, but not on others. We're all different, and to call you out on being different would be to contradict my given right as a human, but I'm simply curious.

OT: I'm aware this could be seen as simply looking for things to trouble you with, I beg to differ. The thing is, I can't read the writing in your avatar. I can see it's a cat, but.....I can't read the writing! It's "dsofjasdofajsdf cat" from what I can see. That sort of, I guess, defeats the purpose of having it there at all if no one's in on the joke, but I'm not going to discriminate.

cagedwisdom
0 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

Pretty sure that's "I are serious cat" or something similar.

Again commenting on something without watching the video (god I hate these work computers), seeing as this is Tyra, possibly the lamest of all these lame kinds of shows (even Oprah is better than Tyra), discussing both gay issues and black issues all at once (judging from the title), I honestly can't anticipate anything other than this being ridiculously hilarious.

I'm assuming, from your comment, that someone in this video (just about now I wish I could actually watch it so I'd know what the hell I'm talking about) has been subject to some harrassment and is probably in deep distress, knowing the nature of these shows they're probably having a little cry/moan/whine as well. Is this funny? Yes. Why? 'Cause they're being retarded.

Again, I haven't seen the video in question, and it might just be the case that as usual Radicalohank is just typing some random shit in and pressing submit as he tends to do, apparently without much brain activity behind it. In fact, odds are he just read the line "I can't think of a video more important given the times we live in." and this "most important video" being GODDAMN TYRA and had a laugh at that. I watched an episode of Tyra once. Then I laughed uncertainly. Then i was plummeted into despair over the human condition simply because the show was so damn lame. They should do one of these where they discuss how lame these shows are. It's honestly disgraceful that they're so popular..

EDIT: Just thought I'd repeat this again, I have not seen the video in question. If I'm saying something that makes no sense whatsoever feel free to ignore me entirely. :)

EDIT AGAIN: Actually, regardless of this, claiming that any video from any episode of the Tyra show is "the most important video given the times we live in" is ludicrous. I can think of nothing more important given the times we live in than everyone behind any show like this burning in hell.

Pickpocket
0 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

HorrorMaster wrote:
Radicalohank wrote:lol

Now I'm not being aggressive here, I'm just really curious as to how this works: does bringing down other people, emotionally, make you feel better as a person? I just want to hear some insight as they did on Tyra!

Dude, he just wrote lol at a crappy video
HorrorMaster wrote:I've been through some pretty hard stuff, not much less than your average schoolyard bully,

yeah, ive been through some hard stuff too, get over it.

Rufflesack wrote:Again commenting on something without watching the video (god I hate these work computers), seeing as this is Tyra, possibly the lamest of all these lame kinds of shows (even Oprah is better than Tyra), discussing both gay issues and black issues all at once (judging from the title), I honestly can't anticipate anything other than this being ridiculously hilarious.

I'm assuming, from your comment, that someone in this video (just about now I wish I could actually watch it so I'd know what the hell I'm talking about) has been subject to some harrassment and is probably in deep distress, knowing the nature of these shows they're probably having a little cry/moan/whine as well. Is this funny? Yes. Why? 'Cause they're being retarded.

I just watched it and to claim its the most important video of our times is ludicrous. It's just bible thumping retards on one side and some gays on the other yelling about stuff that they won't change on a talk show. It's not as bad as you think though, Tyra only talks in the beginning (and makes a cringe worthy comment might i add lol).

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Rufflesack wrote:Pretty sure that's "I are serious cat" or something similar.

Oh........

Again commenting on something without watching the video (god I hate these work computers), seeing as this is Tyra, possibly the lamest of all these lame kinds of shows (even Oprah is better than Tyra), discussing both gay issues and black issues all at once (judging from the title), I honestly can't anticipate anything other than this being ridiculously hilarious.

Actually it's discussing how gays are being discriminated against the same way blacks used to be decades ago, which is perfectly reasonable methinks given the advocation of Prop 8 (I'm not from America but I've heard bad things about the prop). The video has three gay/lesbian/supporters on one side who argue that being born a certain way isn't actually their fault, and three redneck hicks on the other side who, not being homosexual or having any rational idea as to how it works or what it's like, disagree because some sadist in a book written in the stone age told them to. It's really only funny due to how totally brainwashed and brainless these hicks can be. I guess you can only really be affected by it if you are, in fact, a homosexual and have an understanding of how your sexual preference came to be - the truth is, it came to be when mummy and daddy "hugged" in a real special way and a baby was born.

ROFL. But really now, I understand how these shows such as Tyra can be seen as exploitative or sensationalist pap but think it's difficult not to get personally worked-up at the sight of some bible-humping ogre on her period saying lesbianism is "a disease", right in front of a lesbian woman.

Again, I haven't seen the video in question, and it might just be the case that as usual Radicalohank is just typing some random shit in and pressing submit as he tends to do

, apparently without much brain activity behind it.

I watched an episode of Tyra once. Then I laughed uncertainly. Then i was plummeted into despair over the human condition simply because the show was so damn lame.

I can think of nothing more important given the times we live in than everyone behind any show like this burning in hell.

But rully now, why you gotta' be dissin' on Tyra? :(

cagedwisdom
0 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

Pickpocket wrote:Tyra only talks in the beginning (and makes a cringe worthy comment might i add lol).

Started watching it. Just got there. I think I died a little.

After watching most of it.. I groaned. The anti-gay side are ridiculous. The gay side are for some inexplicable reason as stereotypically gay as they could possibly have been, which always strengthens the debate. Everyone in that debate was acting retarded. I'm very much for gay rights, but this video makes me angry. Not at the gays, not at the anti-gays, but at the kind of people who appear on this kind of program.

*sigh*