Guess the movie from the image

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
paulofilmo
Your TCI: na

Re: Guess the movie from the image

Post by paulofilmo »

hopefully rump won't mind me moving swiftly along

VinegarBob

Post by VinegarBob »

Pickpocket wrote:You look like a dumbass.

In your opinion. Which at this point, seeing how you behave in most other threads means less than nothing to me. Nobody else has complained about cropping images before - in fact the only feedback has been positive up until your worthless 2 cents on the subject.

Pickpocket wrote:Hey guys, here's some eyes, guess this image! The game isn't even fun when you fuckheads do this shit

Your idea of fun doesn't seem to be the same as mine, which would be fine if not for your addition of pointless name calling and throwing a hissy fit like an immature child who's had their toys taken away. Grow up for fuck's sake. If you think calling someone a fuckhead on the internet for doing things in a way that's not to your particular liking is acceptable or clever then I don't know what to tell you. The problem lies with you.

VinegarBob

Post by VinegarBob »

paulofilmo wrote:hopefully rump won't mind me moving swiftly along

Not at all. Paths of Glory is correct.

Pickpocket

Post by Pickpocket »

Rumplesink wrote:In your opinion.

Insightful. A forum where someone posts an opinion. Of course it's my opinion, genius

Rumplesink wrote: Which at this point, seeing how you behave in most other threads means less than nothing to me.

It means so much to you that you posted a two paragraph response. You're not fooling anyone

Rumplesink wrote: Nobody else has complained about cropping images before - in fact the only feedback has been positive up until your worthless 2 cents on the subject.

No one has complained therefore it is ok to do. Great logic

Rumplesink wrote:Your idea of fun doesn't seem to be the same as mine, which would be fine if not for your addition of pointless name calling and throwing a hissy fit like an immature child who's had their toys taken away. Grow up for fuck's sake. If you think calling someone a fuckhead on the internet for doing things in a way that's not to your particular liking is acceptable or clever then I don't know what to tell you. The problem lies with you.

Hissy fit? I asked if you guys could just post regular images like everybody else in this thread and then you proceeded to passively aggressive post more pictures of people's eyes. And I'm the child? :lol: :lol: :lol: Being passive aggressive = grown up in Rumplesink's mind. :roll: :roll:

Detox

Post by Detox »

A Woman Under The Influence.

paulofilmo

Post by paulofilmo »

Ew. Take the arguing to PM.

Detox wrote:A Woman Under The Influence.

Yusss

VinegarBob

Post by VinegarBob »

Pickpocket wrote:Insightful. A forum where someone posts an opinion. Of course it's my opinion, genius

Your (insulting, aggressive and uncorroborated) opinion is noted.

Pickpocket wrote:It means so much to you that you posted a two paragraph response. You're not fooling anyone

I felt the desire to post what I did in the vain hope you might stop acting like an arrogant childish asshole, not because the point you made required a long response.

Pickpocket wrote:No one has complained therefore it is ok to do.

Not that there's any need to defend my actions to you, but it's within the rules, has been discussed and endorsed by many users and has only received a positive response from those who have expressed an opinion on the matter (except for you). So yes, I have no reason to believe it's not okay to do.

Pickpocket wrote:Hissy fit?

Yes. I think calling people dumbasses and/or fuckheads out of the blue because they don't get their way qualifies as a hissy fit.

Pickpocket wrote:I asked if you guys could just post regular images like everybody else in this thread and then you proceeded to passively aggressive post more pictures of people's eyes.

So people who don't do as you ask are passive aggressive? You might want to research more about what passive aggressive actually means. Generally, when you ask a question you should be prepared to accept both answers. Otherwise it's a demand. Why I and others should stop playing the game in a way that everyone seems happy with except you is beyond me. Who do you think you are? And why should anyone accede to your demands?

I'm writing more than I normally would waste my time on replying to your nonsense because I'm getting a bit sick of guys like you thinking they own they place and can insult people and generally act in a way that people can only get away with on the internet. I think the issue of people behaving that way needs highlighted.

I'm sure you'll fire back some oh-so-clever response but I'm done. Interacting with some spoiled little brat who's only interested in pedantic point scoring and dick waving isn't my idea of fun - as it obviously is for you. Have the last word if you want - I know that's of the utmost importance to you, but I won't be reading it or any more comments from you if the 'ignore' function here works the way I think it does. Life's too short.

Pickpocket

Post by Pickpocket »

Rumplesink wrote:
I felt the desire to post what I did in the vain hope you might stop acting like an arrogant childish asshole, not because the point you made required a long response.

Again, you claim to not care then post a novel describing it. Really consistent. Please, post more pictures of people's eyes.

Rumplesink wrote:
Yes. I think calling people dumbasses and/or fuckheads out of the blue because they don't get their way qualifies as a hissy fit.

It wasn't out of the blue. It was a reaction to your passive aggression.

Rumplesink wrote:So people who don't do as you ask are passive aggressive? You might want to research more about what passive aggressive actually means.

If you read the definition of passive aggression, it fits you to a tee. But I didn't realize you were floating above the rest of us and were impervious to criticism.

Rumplesink wrote:Why I and others should stop playing the game in a way that everyone seems happy with except you is beyond me. Who do you think you are? And why should anyone accede to your demands?

I was trying to make the game more enjoyable. Posting a picture of people's eyes or a fucking bedpost, which you've done before, is annoying and nonsensical. Should we post a still of a movie through an instagram filter next? Should I take a black and white movie and colorize it? It just makes the game pointless. Where does it end?

Rumplesink wrote:I'm writing more than I normally would waste my time on replying to your nonsense because I'm getting a bit sick of guys like you thinking they own they place and can insult people and generally act in a way that people can only get away with on the internet. I think the issue of people behaving that way needs highlighted.

No one thinks this, this is you projecting your feelings onto the rest of us.

Rumplesink wrote:I'm sure you'll fire back some oh-so-clever response but I'm done. Interacting with some spoiled little brat who's only interested in pedantic point scoring and dick waving isn't my idea of fun - as it obviously is for you. Have the last word if you want - I know that's of the utmost importance to you, but I won't be reading it or any more comments from you if the 'ignore' function here works the way I think it does. Life's too short.

And there it is. Literally "I can't even." :lol: :lol: :lol:

ShogunRua

Post by ShogunRua »

I generally like Rumplesink's presence on these forums, and while I like Pickpocket, have disagreed with him on literally dozens of instances.

In this case, Pickpocket is completely correct. Just because I haven't made a post stating how much I dislike the extreme cropping (I was hoping it would die off by itself) doesn't mean that everyone reading this topic is a fan. It's still a game, but not the one originally intended by the topic.

If you want to make an extreme cropping movie image game, feel free to start a new one.

philamental

Post by philamental »

Ok here's my two cents for what it's worth.

I personally don't like the cropped image approach but that's a personal preference and I don't see a problem if others want to use them. Look at the first post of this thread back on page one ...

"3. If the picture you have is so bleeding obvious, then, if you're computer-smart enough, crop a certain section of it or distort it somehow to challenge some of our more knowledgable users."

... which shows cropped images have been part of this game from the very start. I've been playing for about a year and cropped images crop (ahem) up every now and then so there are clearly a few people who like to use them and they have every right to do so when it's their turn. Live and let live, people. Save the personal differences for the discussion based threads if that's your thing, and keep this one for the bit of harmless fun that it's meant to be.

Finally, to save people trawling through the crap if they want to avoid it, Detox correctly guessed 'A Woman Under the Influence' so it's their turn when they are ready.