Image Game Tournament 2018 - DISCUSSION THREAD - DO NOT POST GUESSES HERE

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
philamental
55 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Image Game Tournament 2018 - DISCUSSION THREAD - DO NOT POST GUESSES HERE

Post by philamental »

Ok, I had dropped a few hints but this makes it official ... the Image Game Tournament is back in 4 weeks time! :D :D :D

As is now tradition ... (2 years running is a tradition, right?? :P ) ... the Official Tournament Game Thread will be posted on the forums on Xmas Day and will include a run down of all the official rules of the game, and then the Tournament proper will start on Jan 1st 2018.

For those who played last year, I hope you'll have the time and interest to play again. To those who don't know what the tournament is about, feel free to look through the last one here ... https://www.criticker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6216 ... There is no requirement or advantage to having played previously other than already being familiar with how the game will roughly work, so feel free to join in the fun this time around if you didn't play last time.

Now for the bad news and the most notable change from Tourney '17. There will only be two images posted per day instead of three. Yes, this means that the tourney is 33% smaller than 2017, but there are two good reasons for this. The first is that despite my best efforts, a minority of players still struggled to play every image due to their time zone and that bothered me as I wanted this to be as inclusive as possible. The second is that two images a day drastically reduces the time required to prepare the tournament, as well as the management time when it is running, and that was a key factor for me being able to commit to doing another one. Other than that, the tournament will play pretty identically to before.

As was previously the case, if you want to chat about the tournament, ask a question or taunt your leaderboard rivals, this will be the thread to do it in. The main thread will be reserved just for the tournament images and leaderboards so it's as easy as possible to follow.

So that's it for now. I'll be happy to respond to any questions here over the coming weeks, but otherwise keep a look out for the main thread on xmas day, and get ready to play on Jan 1st!

dunbar
10 Ratings

Re: Image Game Tournament 2018 - DISCUSSION THREAD - DO NOT POST GUESSES HERE

Post by dunbar »

Edit: Lol, I hate photobucket. I can’t remember what I was trying to post.
Last edited by dunbar on Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

philamental
55 Ratings

Post by philamental »

*bumped for visibility*

Dunbar, I see you're trying to get me to guess what image you meant to post there, but I've no clue ;)

philamental
55 Ratings

Post by philamental »

The tourney is now LIVE! Good luck to everyone who wants to take part from start to finish :D

paulofilmo
5 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

i did not post there i did naaht

astrakhan
0 Ratings

Post by astrakhan »

I think I did my bi-annual forum check at the right moment!

philamental
55 Ratings

Post by philamental »

Good to see some banter in here on day one. :D

So it's been a slow start in terms of guesses (just the one so far) so either it's been a tough first image or it's a sign that I'll pretty much be posting to myself all month :lol:

paulofilmo
5 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

finding nemo

philamental
55 Ratings

Post by philamental »

paulofilmo wrote:finding nemo

You won't believe this, but Finding Nemo is the answer to round 2! I have to award you a million points for being so prescient which means you win the entire tournament on day 1! ...

... oh wait ... you can't post guesses here which means that's minus a billion points for you, mister! ... unless of course my return to work tomorrow after the holidays necessitates a need to drink till I blackout tonight which results in me forgetting this entire exchange ...

*there's a very very high chance I'll be drinking till I blackout tonight*

;)

paulofilmo
5 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »