TV SERIES you might have missed

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
kgbelliveau
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: TV SERIES you might have missed

Post by kgbelliveau »

brickwall wrote:
kgbelliveau wrote:Chernobyl is one I would like to add to the list. I feel like it got solid enough reviews but definitely could have gone overlooked with it being just 5 Episodes.

Chernobyl is ranked #1 on IMDb's list of top 250 TV shows right now

Fantastic! It is deserving of that ranking. I enjoyed every aspect of the series from start to finish. I know it is the type of show that is not for everyone but I also don't want those on the fence to potentially miss out on a great series either.

gabba2k7
0 Ratings

Post by gabba2k7 »

Terriers (2010, 1s) 8,4/10 imdb. / ez-watching crime|detective series. kinda not procedural as 8 out 13 eps were linked
Last edited by gabba2k7 on Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gabba2k7
0 Ratings

Post by gabba2k7 »

How Not to Live Your Life (2007–2011)
was going through imdb and found that it has only 6k votes
i enjoyed that comedy series :}

paulofilmo
5 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

My results for this filtered list. although there's surely a bunch of stuff i haven't rated

Tribe (2005) - ethno doc. Bruce Parry lives with indigenous tribes. shares their work and rituals, etc. haven't seen it since it came out, but it was my favourite thing for years.

Môsô Dairinin (2004) - intense animated psychological horror thing

Danger 5 (2011) - silly, surreal, spoofy spy thunderbirds mash-up thing. made by australians. innocent and funny

Detectorists (2014) - slice of life comedy/drama about detectorists who enjoy history, the countryside, trying to make things work/figure things out with partners/family. mckenzie crook - the Office/POTC guy. very accomplished with hints of arthouse still moments. it feels like an ode to the countryside, and has a cosmic sort of view of humanity. toby jones is in it. another one with a gorgeous theme song

High Maintenance (2016) - comedy/drama. feels like portraits of a city.
the interconnected 'hive' city. all the little visual clues you get to play detective with (one of the clearest examples of show don't tell I've ever seen). and just generally warm, kind, joyful, and creative.
the soundtrack is so chill and cool. way cooler than me

Killing Eve (2018) - seems like everyone's seen this in the UK. A cat and mouse sexy assassin thriller from the writer of Fleabag. American made, but has the BBC smallness about it that's quaint.

Salad Fingers (2004) - surely everyone knows what this is. (david firth is a god)

Steven Universe (2013) - rebecca sugar - who did a bunch of stuff for Adventure Time (inc songs). Feels more finely tuned in to a wholesomeness, and has a blissful neon/vaporwavy palate

Hamilton's Pharmacopeia (2011) - (docu) a higher, sciencier louis theroux type (errol morris' kid) finds out about drugs. has a very ethnographic/psychonaut bent. sometimes sort of enlightening, with a deep love, thrill, and affection for the artisinal aspects of chemistry.

HarmonQuest (2016) - extremely silly round-table DnD type thing. improv comedy, basically.

Home Movies (1999) - glorious Loren Bouchardery (Bob's Burgers). See also Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist, which I've been slowly getting through over the last couple of years

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (2017) - stewball's rec. the production is just.. it's so much and so good. often very funny. the drama mostly works. (same writer/creator as Gilmore Girls, I think).

oh, i haven't rated it. but there's a Japanese cooking thing (but not really) on uk netflix - Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories - seems weirdly over sexual at times (to this westerner), but it's this cosy, nocturnal, wholesome vignetty thing. when that music starts up to the tokyo night traffic. hgngh. beloved melancholic lonely nocturnal. i have a lot of love for small things that don't take themselves too seriously.

Spunkie
196 Ratings

Post by Spunkie »

paulofilmo wrote:
Killing Eve (2018) - seems like everyone's seen this in the UK. A cat and mouse sexy assassin thriller from the writer of Fleabag. American made, but has the BBC smallness about it that's quaint.

It captured me more than shows running around these days. Generally this type of thrillers focus more on the plot. This is more of a character study. I guess the allure of operating beyond the rules and norms is universal.

gabba2k7
0 Ratings

Post by gabba2k7 »

isnot killing eve popular enough. like often mentioned.
// 1st season started as something fresh...and then it got worse ...still watchable overall

paulofilmo
5 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

Aye, not sure why i didn't opt for the 1-6 popularity.

Spunkie wrote:It captured me more than shows running around these days. Generally this type of thrillers focus more on the plot. This is more of a character study. I guess the allure of operating beyond the rules and norms is universal.

have you tried season 2 of fleabag? give the first episode a go if you haven't

gabba2k7
0 Ratings

Post by gabba2k7 »

glitch (2015,australia) imdb 7.5 / some dead came to live. it is like leftovers but with content. :D

paulofilmo
5 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

paulofilmo wrote:oh, i haven't rated it. but there's a Japanese cooking thing (but not really) on uk netflix - Midnight Diner: Tokyo Stories - seems weirdly over sexual at times (to this westerner), but it's this cosy, nocturnal, wholesome vignetty thing. when that music starts up to the tokyo night traffic. hgngh. beloved melancholic lonely nocturnal. i have a lot of love for small things that don't take themselves too seriously.

new series of midnight diner in the uk. (just in time for those darker evenings). apparently i'm looking forward to it more than bojack.

Adds
55 Ratings

Post by Adds »

Äkta människor aka Real Humans (2012–2014) 7.9 with currently 5,755 votes on IMDb. Swedish show about robots/androids. Does a great job examining humanity. It got an English remake. I devour pretty much anything I can find about artificial intelligence and this is pretty much what I compare everything to.