Aladdin (2019)

500 character mini-reviews cramping your style? Share your thoughts in full in this forum!
hotsake
179 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Aladdin (2019)

Post by hotsake »

It was an okay remake. It didn't have any charm or heart but it also wasn't an abomination. Will Smith did fine and didn't try to copy Robin Williams, but his singing was surprisingly weak and his CGI genie felt a bit off in the looks department. The other two leads were okay I guess. Naomi Scott is a good singer but otherwise didn't do much for me aside for trying to trick me into thinking she was Sarah Michelle Gellar. Mena Massoud was the weakest link as far as the main actors go but he wasn't terrible just forgettable. His singing was okay until his duet with Naomi Scott where he was out classed in every way. Marwan Kenzari was completely miscast and didn't work for me at all, a great nasty villain in the original here is just a whiny little bitch more dumb and pathetic than threatening. Too sum up this film had its moments but failed to even touch Disney's '92 version. Guy Ritchie as the director isn't even worth mentioning.