TV Episodes

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
MacSwell
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

TV Episodes

Post by MacSwell »

Just wondering if every TV show will now have every episode available to be uploaded to Criticker now?

I understand for self-contained episodes of anthology shows like “The Twilight Zone”, but for generic sitcoms too? Some poorly reviewed nothing show called “Call Your Mother” has every episode loaded on here - why is this necessary? TV actors’ pages will become mires of thousands of entries, making the site far worse to use and potentially screwing up recommendations. Is there a line that you plan to draw somewhere? Could there potentially be an on opt-out for this?

metalhank
0 Ratings

Re: TV Episodes

Post by metalhank »

Very good point Maaxwell, my opinion is TV episode shouldn't be on filmmakers page, only the TV series should be. You could be scrolling for an hour to check what you haven't seen by someone.
Want an example check out Mike Judge :roll:

BadCosmonaut
0 Ratings

Post by BadCosmonaut »

This feature has not improved the Criticker experience for me in any way. It has only made it worse in some ways. I'd like to be able to block this feature entirely.

MacSwell
0 Ratings

Post by MacSwell »

iconogassed let me know that it's already being discussed here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8840

Bunyas
92 Ratings

Post by Bunyas »

BadCosmonaut wrote:
Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:10 pm
This feature has not improved the Criticker experience for me in any way. It has only made it worse in some ways. I'd like to be able to block this feature entirely.
Couldn't agree more!

CosmicMonkey
160 Ratings

Post by CosmicMonkey »

I already raised the issue of film-maker's pages being cluttered with hundreds of TV episodes in another thread. Mpowell said there are apparently plans to update the UI to nest episodes within the the entries for TV series as a whole. Until that update happens, I would prefer just not listing episodes on a film-makers page at all.

As it stands currently, I have no interest in rating episodes individually, and I too wouldn't mind an option to turn it off entirely as well. (Although, if the site ever expands to rate individual seasons, I would be interested in that.)

movieboy
0 Ratings

Post by movieboy »

I have written about Episodes feature many times.

viewtopic.php?p=73174#p73174