Guess the movie from the image

Introduce yourself to the community or chat with other users about whatever is on your mind
philamental
55 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Guess the movie from the image

Post by philamental »

Coming on to 3 weeks and 12 images later I think it's safe to say nobody has seen or can remember this film, paulofilmo ! :lol:

mattorama12
67 Ratings

Post by mattorama12 »

It has 581 ratings and it doesn't seem like any of the regulars have seen it. [I am not answering as I found it with a reverse image search after getting curious and feeling like it may be a while if I waited for the correct answer...]

mattorama12
67 Ratings

Post by mattorama12 »

Directed by a man who has been called "the most durable filmmaker of the French New Wave," but whose films have also been criticized as "like watching paint dry."

paulofilmo
5 Ratings

Post by paulofilmo »

I got sort of despondent

and there was 14 clues

viewtopic.php?p=75209#p75209
and
viewtopic.php?p=75237#p75237

are clickable
but whose films have also been criticized as "like watching paint dry."
honestly i've found a couple a bit dull, but usually his films are my cosy place. with kaurismaki, prolly who i look forward to seeing the most.

(my grammar is tragic - i just mean i'm most pleased to be seeing these filmmakers)

mattorama12
67 Ratings

Post by mattorama12 »

I've actually never seen any of his movies, just trying to come up with fun clues and that was a quote from another movie. Here's my next fun clue:

If you only knew the title of this film as it was released in North America, you could be forgiven for mistakenly believing it was part of the director's "Four Seasons" series of films. You're less likely to make that mistake if you know the original French title (or its English translation).

DSouza_Vasco
16 Ratings

Post by DSouza_Vasco »

mattorama12 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:02 pm
Directed by a man who has been called "the most durable filmmaker of the French New Wave," but whose films have also been criticized as "like watching paint dry."
quote from Night Moves 🤣

mattorama12
67 Ratings

Post by mattorama12 »

The (original French) title of this film refers to an atmospheric phenomenon that sometimes occurs just as the sun peaks above or below the horizon; a fantastic San Diego microbrewery also gets its name from a slightly different term for this same phenomenon.

metalhank
0 Ratings

Post by metalhank »

OK, I am not familiar with this film either, but from the helpful clues I'll keep it rolling and tell you it is definitely Summer, and I plan to watch some of Rohmer's best some day

metalhank
0 Ratings

Post by metalhank »

Next film
pic22.jpg
pic22.jpg (230.52 KiB) Viewed 1895 times

DSouza_Vasco
16 Ratings