Screen-cast for Criticker

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
vincente
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Screen-cast for Criticker

Post by vincente »

Creating a screen-cast to introduce Criticker and highlight all the things it can do, hopefully making the site more appealing to new users, has been on my todo list for ages now. But I haven't been able to force myself to finally do it -- possibly because I hate my own voice.

So I thought maybe one of our users (with a beautiful voice) would like to do one for us. There's no budget, but it'd be a great favor and might really help get the word out about Criticker. And we think it'd be kind of cool to highlight how real users interact with the site.

There are various free services and software to create a screencast... like ScreenToaster.

Anyone interested?

Luna6ix
0 Ratings

Re: Screen-cast for Criticker

Post by Luna6ix »

after examining the website you linked i still have no idea what, in fact, a screen-cast is, care to share?

vincente
0 Ratings

Post by vincente »

Luna6ix, thank you for asking.

A screen-cast is a recording of your desktop and your voice at the same time. A screen-cast is used to explain software or websites like for example twitter:

We would really like to have one of those to show off the benefits of Criticker to new users. Also, it would be very interesting to see how our existing users are using our site. This could help us to make further improvements.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

This only works for browsers or anything that's on screen (games, etc.)?

Quicky
0 Ratings

Post by Quicky »

Criswell wrote:This only works for browsers or anything that's on screen (games, etc.)?

Anything that's on the screen. I've seen many screencasts like that for tutorials on Photoshop or things like that. Didn't know it was called a screencast though.

vincente
0 Ratings

Post by vincente »

Could be that I made that name up. :mrgreen:

Quicky
0 Ratings

Post by Quicky »

vincente wrote:Could be that I made that name up. :mrgreen:

Haha, in that case it probably wasn't that smart to ask people to make a screencast without actually explaining what it was :D. That said... you didn't make it up ;).