Question about rating films

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
Crim122
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Question about rating films

Post by Crim122 »

Is there somewhere on the site that tells you how the rating bar works? Because I have noticed that raising it 5 points drastically changes the rating.

paulofilmo
5 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Question about rating films

Post by paulofilmo »

Are you talking about the tiers? For instance, the only odd tier you have is tier 3.

They should even out and become less sensitive as you watch more films (as the rankings even out).

If you go to the 'Resources' tab, then 'Help and Information', the first 'meet Meeky' page says:

The numbers on the right-side of the scores are automatically generated Tiers. These serve as a measure of a film's worth in relation to all the other movies which the user has seen.

Tier importance:
You can see the importance of the tiers by looking at Meeky's and Roger's scores for the film Talk to Her. Although both rankings are 55, there is a difference of 2 Tiers. This is because a score of 55 places Talk to Her in the lowest 30% of all films Roger has seen -- for Meeky, the lowest 50%.

Ages since I did stats, but memory is shouting 'standard deviation' at me.

Do tell if you meant something completely different.