Masters of Horror

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
MmzHrrdb
Your TCI: na

Masters of Horror

Post by MmzHrrdb »

This has been discussed a bit here and there in several other threads, so I thought I'd just make one main one to answer this problem once and for all and end my curiosity. "Masters of Horror" is a television show yet all the episodes are currently in the Criticker database - I believe they should stay there because as I wrote in another thread they're like mini-films and they have no television footage at all. But I'd just like to know what the moderator's opinion is on why this particular show was passed submission and not others such as "Hammer House of Horror", etc. Again, I wholeheartedly support their inclusion as films, just curious because usually when you submit a television episode it rejects it automatically.

mpowell
1 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Masters of Horror

Post by mpowell »

We added the Masters of Horror awhile ago, due to popular request and because we agreed that each "episode" (available for purchase individually on DVD) is more of a film. Especially important to our decision making was that each film was the work a famous director.

We were loathe to break our "No TV Shows" rule for Master of Horrors, and don't want it to be seen as a precedent. For that reason, this has been our only exception to the rule.