A Film's Average Score

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
WongKarWhat?
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

A Film's Average Score

Post by WongKarWhat? »

Hey all,
Just joined this site yesterday so maybe im missing something - but does each film have an average overall score based on the ratings its received from all users? This seems like a pretty standard feature, and maybe Im just a n00b...

Quicky
0 Ratings

Re: A Film's Average Score

Post by Quicky »

Though this may seem like a pretty standard feature, it actually doesn't have anything to do with what Criticker tries to be. Criticker doesn't try to determine which movies are most appreciated by everyone. Instead it tries to determine which movies are most appreciated by you.

Nevertheless... as far as I'm aware, there are plans to display this average tier rating publicly at some point in time.

WongKarWhat?
0 Ratings

Post by WongKarWhat? »

Well, yea I think it'd open up the door for several convenient features - such as yearly 'Top 50 Film' lists or w/e. Having a list like that would be another way to engage the community in new releases, and how they're being received; and encourage them to view films they might not necessarily would have seen - but they do anyway to contribute their opinion to the community. This has proved successful on an equivalent music user-review oriented site - sputnikmusic.com

Quicky
0 Ratings

Post by Quicky »

I can only agree.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Hi! As noted, this is one of the items on our list of future enhancements. That list, as always, is extremely long and our resources are limited, so I can't promise when we'll get to it. But rest assured, we understand the reasons that it would be of use.

WongKarWhat?
0 Ratings

Post by WongKarWhat? »

Cool Cool, sounds good.

virtualbub
31 Ratings

Post by virtualbub »

I think it would actually make more sense to show the IMDb score. You've got a much larger sample size that way. The only downside I could see is that it could be skewed because many people would visit IMDb just to vote on their favorite movies and be done with it, while here people are more likely to vote on all movies seen. I guess I would be content with both scores prominently displayed.

Quicky
0 Ratings

Post by Quicky »

If you want to know the IMDb score, then click on the IMDb link that is present on every movie page here on Criticker. Criticker isn't IMDb, so I don't really see the point of showing the IMDb ratings here ;).