Films sorted by PSI

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
raipe
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Films sorted by PSI

Post by raipe »

Got tired of the small user population of movielens (dont know if it is better here though) and the fact of missing lots of movies in their database. Decided to try out the criticker.

One question though. How to get all movies in your database to show in in the top PSI list? Yes there is this generate 50 more action, but thats not the same thing. Do you run some kind of scheduled tasks to calculate PSI for users or what?

Site seems nice and seems to give quite a good predictions, but the problem in deed is to get a list of top recommended films. Currently I am only seeing a few films with over 80 score. Hitting the "50-more" button helps, but you get the problem....

Also, it would be nice to be able to rate the movie already in the search results screen. Now I need to first follow the movie link.

PeaceAnarchy
0 Ratings

Re: Films sorted by PSI

Post by PeaceAnarchy »

My understanding is that they calculate a set of PSIs every day so it should fill out eventually. If you've got a little time to kill go to the all films page and you can systematically regenerate 60 at a time going through the alphabet. What I do is open a whole bunch of links in separate windows/tabs, then go through each one and click the regenerate PSIs button. You can also use filters on this page to only go by years or genre.

Spunkie
196 Ratings

Post by Spunkie »

That's how I do it also. But firstly get done with most of your voting. Otherwise "regenerate all your psis" will only include derived from your current 200 voted . And as you go on voting more movies those psi's will not be upto date.

prowler
10 Ratings

Post by prowler »

once you've rated many movies, you could also go to quicky's qmdb thread and ask him to make you a recommendation sheet. :)

raipe
0 Ratings

Post by raipe »

OK. Thanks.

Quicky
0 Ratings

Post by Quicky »

prowlergrig wrote:[...] you could also go to quicky's qmdb thread and ask him to make you a recommendation sheet. :)

Let me clarify that that would be here. :)