Question for site creators about user numbers !

Wondering how Criticker works, or have a question that doesn't seem to fit under requests or bugs?
garethm
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Question for site creators about user numbers !

Post by garethm »

I would be interested to know how many users you have on this site.

And perhaps more interested to know if you have seen an increasing number of film ratings as well as users.

I only ask as many of my top TCIs havent rated a film for well over a year which I guess means they have left !!
Wondering if the site is showing the kind of growth that would mean it will continue to be developed with new features appearing more often.

cagedwisdom
0 Ratings

Re: Question for site creators about user numbers !

Post by cagedwisdom »

Seeing as I'm pretty sure everyone who registers is automatically registered for the forums, the bottom of the forum index page will tell you how many users there are. (Correct me if I'm wrong here)
Total posts 5748 • Total topics 848 • Total members 19086 • Our newest member DirktheJerk

It doesn't show member growth or total rankings on the site though, which would be pretty interesting information to access. I think it's been requested before, but a "Statistics" page would be nice. :)
Other interesting stats might be average number of rankings per user, average frequency of rankings per user (how often films are ranked, in turn giving a picture of how often people watch films), and so on.

It's for certain the site has been growing lately though, particularly forum activity, which is nice.

garethm
0 Ratings

Post by garethm »

19086 members seems quite substantial but I would love to know how many of those are now inactive !!

I think its a fantastic site but you can also tell its not the creators main project as developments are brought on line very rarely and I dont feel its visually that good. Obviously more users would help promote growth although I suppose a decent income from the site would be more likely to do that !!

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Yes, 20000 is about the correct number of registered users. The number of active users is somewhat less than that, of course, but it's not a number we share.

We're constantly working on Criticker, and it is our main focus. The comments about the length of time it takes new features to get released, and the visual style are noted... We have very limited resources, which is the reason for delays in getting new features and improvements out the door.

Still, rest assured that we're working on improving the site every day.

prowler
10 Ratings

Post by prowler »

...and we appreciate that

actually, i've gotten so used to criticker that i can't imagine any sort of makeover making it better. just keep working on the improvements in functionality and i'm more than satisfied.