Future Video Game Movies

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
Melvin Smif
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Future Video Game Movies

Post by Melvin Smif »

I was cruising around the net and I stumbled across this little article talking about the future of video game based movies.

http://www.examiner.com/x-578-Video-Gam ... -they-suck

That is quite a few movies. I wonder if video game based movies will ever get some decent treatment in the cinematic world or if they will always be terrible films made specifically to leech money out of the people who love those games.

cagedwisdom
0 Ratings

Re: Future Video Games Moives

Post by cagedwisdom »

The only video game movie I have seen that I enjoyed was the first Final Fantasy film. My knowledge about the FF games are at about 1% and while the movie was in no way an outstanding work it seemed I hadn't fallen into the trap (a trap, I might add, designed for retards) of thinking the movie would be anything like the game or it's quality. The animation was nice, and while it was nonsensical it had some.. Nice voice acting. Good visuals. Decently epic ending. :P Think I rated it in the 40s somewhere which isn't all that low for me.

Other than that pretty much everything is balls (including the later FF film which is OOZES gray and bland - seriously, spot an actual color in that film that isn't brown, I dare you - in addition to knocking up the nonsensicalness about 1000%) and from that list it doesn't look like it's going to get better.
Earthworm Jim might be alright but nearly everything else on that list simply screams GENERIC FIRST PERSON SHOOTER. Which at best will turn out something like Doom. Which, again, is balls.

MmzHrrdb

Re: Future Video Games Movies

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Rufflesack wrote:The only video game movie I have seen that I enjoyed was the first Final Fantasy film.

What he said.

MmzHrrdb

Re: Future Video Game Movies

Post by MmzHrrdb »

The only video game movies I have any interested in seeing are ones for "Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee/Exoddus", "Medievil" and "Tekken". Unfortunately, only one is being made at this current point in time.

theficionado
0 Ratings

Post by theficionado »

Metal Gear Solid (2009) – The Metal Gear Solid movie is being directed by Kurt Wimmer who is the man behind such classics as Equilibrium and Ultraviolet.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Melvin Smif
0 Ratings

Post by Melvin Smif »

theficionado wrote:
Metal Gear Solid (2009) – The Metal Gear Solid movie is being directed by Kurt Wimmer who is the man behind such classics as Equilibrium and Ultraviolet.

Well considering 90% of MGS was people talking at least they have plenty of script to work with.

Grit
0 Ratings

Post by Grit »

I've got reserved hopes for Bioshock. Artistically, the game was excellent.

Jeb
0 Ratings

Post by Jeb »

The Gears of War and Splinter Cell video game movies are all that I care about on that list considering Halo will probably never get made while the God of War movie will suck due to Brett Ratner.

theficionado wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

edkrak
132 Ratings

Post by edkrak »

HorrorMaster wrote:The only video game movies I have any interested in seeing are ones for "Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee/Exoddus", "Medievil" and "Tekken". Unfortunately, only one is being made at this current point in time.

Which one is being made? Lorne Lanning is presumably working on animated film, but I heard it's not connected with Abe's series. And do you know that Tekken movie exists? But unfortunately everybody says it sucks.

Grit
0 Ratings

Post by Grit »

Jeb wrote:The Gears of War and Splinter Cell video game movies are all that I care about on that list considering Halo will probably never get made while the God of War movie will suck due to Brett Ratner.

Personally I don't really know if I want Halo to be made, all it will end up doing is detracting from the series. After seeing the kinds of cutscenes in Halo Wars, I can't help but feel all they'll do is either make it entirely generic or suck out all the atmosphere. Plus they'll end up trying to do Master Chief with some random action actor for publicity value, which will inherently suck.