Future Video Game Movies

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
MmzHrrdb
Your TCI: na

Re: Future Video Game Movies

Post by MmzHrrdb »

edkrak wrote:Which one is being made? Lorne Lanning is presumably working on animated film, but I heard it's not connected with Abe's series.

Lanning is making "Citizen Siege", and I remember reading on an Oddworld forum that all the characters from the games are going to be in it. I can only hope. On another note, I have just submitted "Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus: The Movie", which is the mini-movie included on the first disc of the console game after clicking on "Show me what happened" instead of starting the game. Have you seen it?

And do you know that Tekken movie exists? But unfortunately everybody says it sucks.

There is? :o What's it called?

edkrak
132 Ratings

Post by edkrak »

http://oddworldlibrary.net/toe/Citizen_Siege - Citizen Siege is meant to be set in completely different universe.
I was playing Abe's Exoddus years ago, I'm not sure if I've seen it. I remember seeing some cut scenes where Abe is hailed by mudokons and then he falls or something and sees shaman talking to him etc. Were you talking about this one?

Tekken film is called... Tekken: The Motion Picture. Original name, isn't it? :D
I also just realised that there is new Tekken being produced, directed by the director of Free Willy 2 :lol:

Melvin Smif
0 Ratings

Post by Melvin Smif »

I can't help but wonder if part of the reason Master Chief's face has never been shown is because they would like to use whomever the action star is in the movie as the face in the future games.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

edkrak wrote:I was playing Abe's Exoddus years ago, I'm not sure if I've seen it. I remember seeing some cut scenes where Abe is hailed by mudokons and then he falls or something and sees shaman talking to him etc. Were you talking about this one?

Nope, I think on my PlayStation release of the game on the first disc before you start the game there's an option to view a movie which shows what has already happened before the game. Although the cut-scenes which are actually in the game are good enough to warrant their own IMDb pages.

Tekken film is called... Tekken: The Motion Picture. Original name, isn't it? :D

Hehe, it certainly is. Thanks for that, and I'll definitely add this one to my list. I've also just submitted it on Criticker.

I also just realised that there is new Tekken being produced, directed by the director of Free Willy 2 :lol:

Uh-oh... :D

carnageace
0 Ratings

Post by carnageace »

The MGS film sounds interesting, I've heard David Hayter wants to write the screenplay, and with the right ideas used (MGS3's plot might be the best choice) it could be a cracker. Tekken sounds awful, and anything Uwe Bolls doing is worth being shot.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

THREE CHEERS FOR A PAC MAN MOVIE!!! HUZZAH!

Kusanagi
0 Ratings

Post by Kusanagi »

• Mortal Kombat - do we really need to do that again? I'm all for gore, though.
  • Spy Hunter - directed by the same dude who did RE and AVP = instant fail
  • Tekken - meh.
  • Driver - meh.
  • Splinter Cell - could be very cool, if it were pulled off right.
  • Fear Effect - don't know, never played it
  • Halo - oh jebus, I can already imagine the lines of fanboys....
  • Prince of Persia - being my favorite platformer for the PS2 (except for Jak 2, of course), I really hope this is done right. My only fear is the director (Goblet of Fire was such crap), but the writer should be solid.
  • Castlevania - NO. Just. No...
  • Cold Fear - Nah, I'll pass.
  • World of Warcraft - Chris Mezten as writer? Oh hell yes. I'm no WoW fan, but I'll take a chance on this. I'd rather see a StarCraft film, though...
  • Metal Gear Solid - I'll be looking forward to it
  • Clock Tower- could be good if they kept it scary
  • The Suffering - ^ditto. I have higher hopes for this, though.
  • Street Fighter - I pretty much don't have faith in any movie based off a fighting game
  • Onimusha - depending on which game they adapt (I'm hoping for Onimusha3, just so Reno can be in it) it could be awesome, but those hopes were crushed after I read that the Silent Hill director would be doing this. Gah....
  • Kane and Lynch - never played it, but it so seemed like it could be a Guy Ritchie movie.
  • Broken Sword - never played it, no opinion
  • King of Fighters - dammit, stop with all the fighting games (even if this is one I like)
  • Joust - nah.
  • Spryo - HELL NO
  • Sabotage - Uwe Boll = instant no
  • Bioshock - I have the highest expectations for this adaptation. It seems like it has the most talent behind it.
  • God of War - nobody could be a good Kratos, but I'm willing to bet that Vin Diesel gets the role...
  • Gears of War - another one that has a good possibility of being good, if they keep the gore and action high and the plot (what little there was to Gears) low.
  • Area 51 - hoping it comes out okay...

Melvin Smif
0 Ratings

Post by Melvin Smif »

Kusanagi wrote:World of Warcraft - Chris Mezten as writer? Oh hell yes. I'm no WoW fan, but I'll take a chance on this. I'd rather see a StarCraft film, though...

I agree about Starcraft it has a far more appealing storyline. Of course Halo is basically a watered down version of Starcraft so I guess we are getting it?

AFlickering
289 Ratings

Post by AFlickering »

metal gear solid (the game) is awesomely directed, especially some of the cut scenes in the second one. i fucking love those games. i will not be watching this movie. man would i kill for a good oddworld or prince of persia movie though.

no reason to watch final fantasy movies, i'd rather just replay ffvii over and over til i rejoin the planet.

best candidate for a game-based movie?

parappa the rapper

cagedwisdom
0 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

Is it weird that from the list above, the only film that I consider even remotely interesting is Spyro? Sure, some of the other games are good (Spyro sucks), but they all boil down to what will inevitably become "GENERIC ACTION FILM #X". This might not be true for all the games (it probably isn't), but it's certainly true for the games I've played (with the possible exception of Halo, in which case the story/universe is pretty interesting/fleshed out already in the games, and World of Warcraft, although I agree a Starcraft film would interest me much more).