Best Movie Soundtracks

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
omgfridge
35 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Best Movie Soundtracks

Post by omgfridge »

2001: A Space Odyssey is up there for me. Props to Gregzilla for mentioning FLCL. A more recent movie would be The Boat that Rocked. It was based around radio though lol.

Stewball
0 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

OMGFridge wrote:2001: A Space Odyssey is up there for me.

Amen!
And as long as we're talking Kubrick, how can we not mention his follow up to 2001, A Clockwork Orange. He single-handedly revitalized the classical composers, Strauss and Ludwig Van.

KGB
0 Ratings

Post by KGB »

I've listened to the A Clockwork Orange soundtrack just a few weeks ago, and I never figured out classical music could be so fucking exhilarating. The synthetizer versions by Walter Carlos are amazing, but the excrepts from the traditional pieces like those of Rossini and Elgar are fantastic as well. A very solid soundtrack and truly a favorite album of mine.

Jellysauce
0 Ratings

Post by Jellysauce »

i just watched taxi driver for the first time not to long ago and the soundtrack was great. its so tense/jazzy i love it.

Stewball
0 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

Jellysauce wrote:i just watched taxi driver for the first time not to long ago and the soundtrack was great. its so tense/jazzy i love it.

That's one of those movies I'm embarrassed to admit I've never watched, so now I guess I guess I'll have to watch it.

KGB wrote:I've listened to the A Clockwork Orange soundtrack just a few weeks ago, and I never figured out classical music could be so fucking exhilarating. The synthetizer versions by Walter Carlos are amazing, but the excrepts from the traditional pieces like those of Rossini and Elgar are fantastic as well. A very solid soundtrack and truly a favorite album of mine.

Hooooaaaaahhh. Now you're talkin'.

Grecen
0 Ratings

Post by Grecen »

Forrest Gump! That's because I'm really into the 60's, haha.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

"Highlander".

Not a great movie overall, but absolutely epic soundtrack by Queen. Can you imagine going to a movie theater in the mid 80s to watch a straightforward action film and hearing this

or this;

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Is this about soundtracks or original scores?

Anyway, there are among my favourites:

Trevor Jones - The Last of the Mohicans
Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - The Assassination of Jesse James
John Barry - Dances with Wolves & The Living Daylights
Basil Poledouris - Conan the Barbarian
Hans Zimmer - Crimson Tide & The Thin Red Line

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

I've spent the last few weeks listening to a lot of the "Bloodsport" soundtrack. It's incredible, and very diverse, ranging from some quintessential 80's rock to some innovative instrumental work;

Pickpocket
0 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

ShogunRua wrote:I've spent the last few weeks listening to a lot of the "Bloodsport" soundtrack. It's incredible, and very diverse, ranging from some quintessential 80's rock to some innovative instrumental work;

develop better taste please