Requiem for a Dream

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
debzie0601
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Requiem for a Dream

Post by debzie0601 »

Just seen this film, and wow. The only reason I watched it was because it is/was on IMDB's top 250 list. What a brutel ending.

Kain424
0 Ratings

Post by Kain424 »

I have to admit that I am one of the people that did not enjoy this film. While I can go on and say that I liked the cinematography and the ideas presented therein, I felt terrible after viewing this film.

And I don't like that.

I'm not even using drugs and yet I wanted to quit. I shouldn't feel so bad after watching a movie. Aren't they supposed to entertain? I'm not hating my experience, I'm just not digging it.

It just kinda left a bad taste in my mouth, you know?

krytonix
0 Ratings

Post by krytonix »

I had a really hard time watching Requiem also, but I don't think that should necessarily diminish the accomplishment (if as you say you enjoyed the ideas and cinematography). Apocalypse Now is quite unsettling and may leave a bad taste in your mouth, but it's still a fantastic movie.

Kain424
0 Ratings

Post by Kain424 »

@ Krytonix,
Point taken, and I readily admit that the recognition given for cinematography and conveyance of emotion is not misplaced.

Though still, I much prefer Apocalypse Now over RFAD. This is just my own preference and would insist other watch RFAD if not just for my above-stated reasons.

Jellysauce
0 Ratings

Post by Jellysauce »

if a movie can make you feel an emotion like this made me feel at the end of it then its an amazing movie. i love how i felt so depressed at the end. there is obviously a reason why i got depressed and thats because all the characters where so strong in this movie and i got attached to them all.

this is probably my 2nd favorite movie of all time.