The Neverending Story

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
vincente
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: The Neverending Story

Post by vincente »

I loved this movie as a kid and after watching it again just recently put me under shock. It was horrible. How could have I even liked it as a kid?

Natzilla
0 Ratings

Post by Natzilla »

Yikes! I'm in the same boat as you, except I haven't seen the movie in the last ten years. I have very fond memories of it, so maybe I will stay away! I have done this with other movies I loved as a kid.

vincente
0 Ratings

Post by vincente »

Natzilla, don't watch it ... it's better to keep the memory that you like that movie. Same thing happened with watching Labyrinth. I had to turn it off!

Natzilla
0 Ratings

Post by Natzilla »

Haha, I had actually never seen Labyrinth until last year (my friend said, "how did you turn out the way you are without growing up with this film? It was made for you") and loved it to pieces.

vincente
0 Ratings

Post by vincente »

Oh, oh our movie taste does not really match ... check out your ranked movies .. so let's see.

Natzilla
0 Ratings

Post by Natzilla »

Well, I agree with you on most of your reviews, with the exception of H2G2 and films I have not seen. Keep in mind I joined an hour ago and have only rated 24 films, to your 166.

KGB
0 Ratings

Post by KGB »

I mildly liked it as a child, and saw it last year or so. It was absolutely horrible.
Fine, not that bad; it had a great imagery and some fairly tense moments - but most of the film was highly mediocre.
The most horrible, eye-rolling, unforgettable moments were the cursy, typical 80's crossing the Sphinxes scene and the ending, that took everything the book has ever built and smashed it to little pieces by the Rock Eater.
I was curious to know how the second part of the book would turn out; it didn't, because instead it just rushed the resolution and ended it by the time Bastian gave the Emperess Child a name. And I was thankful for that, because even though the scenes before the ending were really tense and full of mood, the last scene was nothing short of awful.
The book is better on so many levels.

KGB
0 Ratings

Post by KGB »

Oh, and I did -not- compare the book with the film while judging it. That would be just unfair. But really, the film quite ruined a childhood favorite of mine (and yes, I've seen the film before reading the book, but I didn't like the film so much, and I'm not even sure if I knew by that time that the film was an adaptation of the book).