The Pacific

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
omgfridge
38 Ratings
Your TCI: na

The Pacific

Post by omgfridge »

Who has been watching it? And whats your thoughts?

If you don't know what it is, its in the same vein as Band of Brothers.

I have really enjoyed the first 3 parts. Part II has been the best thus far.

doctor7
0 Ratings

Re: The Pacific

Post by doctor7 »

I liked Parts 1 & 2. Part 3 felt like quite a bit of filler to me, to be honest. I appreciate that they included the concept of warbonds and such but if I wanted some of that soap opera stuff I'd watch Battlestar Galatica or Lost.

cloak
0 Ratings

Post by cloak »

pretty bad

Luna6ix
0 Ratings

Post by Luna6ix »

just like band of brothers this mini series takes realism to an extreme, and while for war action during WW2 this is a downset, it is actually an asset for those who are really looking for complete honesty. although we'll see as it goes on.

Melvin Smif
0 Ratings

Post by Melvin Smif »

Being a huge fan of "Band of Brother's" I really want to see this some day. My problem? I don't like to pay the extra cash for HBO.

KagnuS
0 Ratings

Post by KagnuS »

Band of Brothers got me hooked from the first episode. However, The Pacific did not. I don't think it is bad but you need to see all parts and then compare the two shows. I really felt that Part 3 was the worst.

omgfridge
38 Ratings

Post by omgfridge »

Melvin - The internet has it for free.

Pickpocket
0 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

Just like Band of Brothers it would benefit from having more interviews with the real guys who were fighting. I've only seen the first 3 so far and felt part 3 was the worst. Tom Hanks narrating is distracting also.

DavidC
0 Ratings

Post by DavidC »

The production values are obviously through the roof, but it lacks the narrative cohesion that Band of Brothers had. It's certainly quality stuff, but not essential viewing.

Cinema_Asia
0 Ratings

Post by Cinema_Asia »

I thought the last few episodes lived up to the expected quality but the first few were pretty mediocre bordering on bad such as the 3rd episode. When you compare this series to Band of Brothers or Letters from Iwo Jima it still falls short.

I do give them credit for not flinching when it comes to the brutality and racial nature of the pacific war. Double props for showing the live Japanese mouth slitting/teeth pulling scene straight from the autobiography of Sledge.