Battle: Los Angeles

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
TheRealJ-Ro
11 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Battle: Los Angeles

Post by TheRealJ-Ro »

afx237vi wrote:Well you've edited your review since my initial reply, removing the bit about having "your head up your ass" or whatever it was. There's nothing wrong with challenging opposing opinions, but attack the argument not the man - oops, maybe that's too much of a buzz term.

And for the record, I haven't seen the movie, and with a PSI of 26 (T1) I doubt I will be doing so any time soon.

You're cute. Sorry we won't be hearing from you again.

For the record, he did have his head up his ass. But on second thought, it wasn't necessary to keep it there so I removed it.

I guess I get where the comparisons with Skyline come from. I just thought that Skyline was... just atrocious. I dunno, I didn't feel near the wonk in Battle:LA that I did in Skyline.

schnofel
0 Ratings

Post by schnofel »

The really awesome thing here is that I've had already ignored the guy who supposedly insulted me, so I can't even read what he's saying.

As for war propaganda, just read David Sirota's Salon piece "How the 80s programmed us for war" and see what films like "Battle: Los Angeles" do.
http://www.salon.com/news/feature/2011/ ... our_future

ayall
0 Ratings

Post by ayall »

Movie was a wanna be Independence Day, with the CGI not being nearly as cool.
Story was equally stupid.

SirStuckey
45 Ratings

Post by SirStuckey »

This movie taught me two things:

1. The cable television in Los Angeles is second to none because you can watch CNN even if your city is under a heavy attack.

2. Marines never quit.

mery
0 Ratings

Post by mery »

It was not what I expected.... it became a "day in the life of a troop of Marines (and one Navy personnel)".

It was not a bad movie but not a good one by any means. I could compare it to Skyline as you don't really get to know the alien enemy as they are quite vague and not explained. It was a little far fetched about them "figuring it out" at the end - but it's entertainment which is what we are paying to see, no?

kafka1325
13 Ratings

Post by kafka1325 »

This film if it was filmed in my country would be automatically declared as an ultranationalist and military pomp.
Indeed the film does not offer anything other than it seems to me just to call own ranks in a military service U.S. to lift morale ...
Skyline, I never watched nor will, because I see here that many compares with it ... it does not have any decent action, no novelties, blurs sf scenes beyond recognition, boring dialogue ...a film that does not have to be seen :roll: