Transformers

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
mpowell
1 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Transformers

Post by mpowell »

Going to see this tonight! Pretty excited...

vincente
0 Ratings

Post by vincente »

Can I go too? Or do you still hate me?

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

This was a lot funnier than I thought it would be. Shia LeBouf deserves the reputation he's quickly building.

mpowell
1 Ratings

Post by mpowell »

Testing spoilers for replies

KGB
0 Ratings

Post by KGB »

Maybe it belongs in the LeBouf forum, but I really have no idea how Shia Lebouf got the reputation he currently has. I mean, maybe we don't have enough teenager stars (at least not ones who can actually act), but if I had no idea about who that nerdish LeBouf is, I would believe he has as much reputation as the Star Wars kid before his retarded video spreading through the net. It's not like he dosen't deserve it, I guess; not when so many other terrible actors are gaining fame out there. It's just... Indy's son?! Comeon!

coffee
0 Ratings

Post by coffee »

I think Transformers is a clever film. Smart dialogs make it watchable, also refferences and jokes.. It's more than an ordinary teenager action movie.

Edit from year 2017: I can't believe that i wrote these words above. I really can't...
Last edited by coffee on Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vincente
0 Ratings

Post by vincente »

I totally agree, I was pretty surprised how much I liked it. And what great advertisement it is for Hasbro.

doctor7
0 Ratings

Post by doctor7 »

I honestly didn't think the dialog was particularly smart or anything, but then again from what I saw of the original TV show the dialog there wasn't smart either. I feel the same way about this film I do about Bad Boys 2: it was entertainment. It wasn't smart, it wasn't deep or enlightning but it was entertaining. I think that they did a great job adapting it for a large audience while still making it enjoyable to most of the original fans. All the while they didn't take themselves too seriously (when you have a movie about giant robots fighting one another because one side is good and one side is bad just because you can only take yourself so seriously). Of course some diehards aren't going to like it but you can't please everyone.

Jellysauce
0 Ratings

Post by Jellysauce »

i saw this the day it came out. its probably my favorite of 2007. that or 3:10 to Yuma lol. ill have to check criticker to see what i gave a better score.