Most disturbing movies you've ever seen

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
astrakhan
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Most disturbing movies you've ever seen

Post by astrakhan »

The final scene of Audition; several scenes out of Hostel; most graphic torture scenes involving sawing, slicing, impaling or burning...

NathanDarko
17 Ratings

Post by NathanDarko »

The most disturbing movie i´ve ever seen is: "grave of the fireflies" :( can´t watch this one without crying like a baby

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

NathanDarko wrote:The most disturbing movie i´ve ever seen is: "grave of the fireflies" :( can´t watch this one without crying like a baby

Too bad it's not even close to what happened to the director in real life, and is overrated, emotionally fake and manipulative nonsense.

There are some truly authentic, emotionally genuine, heart-rending films made about war out there. The anime above isn't one of those.

gork
0 Ratings

Post by gork »

ShogunRua wrote:Too bad it's not even close to what happened to the director in real life,

What does that have to do with the film itself?
ShogunRua wrote:and is overrated, emotionally fake and manipulative nonsense.

I beg to differ, but that's perfectly okay.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

gork wrote:
ShogunRua wrote:Too bad it's not even close to what happened to the director in real life,

What does that have to do with the film itself?

Read the entire sentence, not just the part ending with a comma, and it becomes clear. ("emotionally fake, manipulative nonsense")

gork wrote:I beg to differ, but that's perfectly okay.

I wrote up a review a year ago that I can post here.

NathanDarko
17 Ratings

Post by NathanDarko »

ShogunRua wrote:
NathanDarko wrote:The most disturbing movie i´ve ever seen is: "grave of the fireflies" :( can´t watch this one without crying like a baby

Too bad it's not even close to what happened to the director in real life, and is overrated, emotionally fake and manipulative nonsense.

There are some truly authentic, emotionally genuine, heart-rending films made about war out there. The anime above isn't one of those.

I think it´s hard to say that anything is emotionally fake. To see how children get seperated by their families because of catastrophes ( whichever) happens all the time. Sympathy for the affected people who have to face such a horrible situation can´t be wrong. Okay you might be right to say that it´s subjective...but I think after 200.000 dead people shredded by 13 Kiloton TNT a certain biased presentation is comprehensible.
To get back to the topic...for me it´s distrubing..and will always be. But of course I can understand if this movie isn´t your cup of tea and thats absolutely okay.
Greetz Nathan

tef
0 Ratings

Post by tef »

Food, inc.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

for me, probably the 3 most disturbing movies ive ever seen are as follows:

blue velvet- dennis hopper's performance in this film is, in my opinion, the creepiest performance of all time (maybe) if u find a creepier one let me know.

requiem for a dream- i was mortified for days after seeing this. the most disturbing thing about this film for me is how far the characters went to remain high and the things they did to acquire drugs..equally disturbing was the effects the drugs had on the people who used them and how all their high hopes and dreams went out the window as they became more and more addicted.

and finally, if you've seen this film you know exactly what im talking about: pink flamingos- the most disturbing and non-appealing movie with countless sexual acts and nudity ive ever seen. lets just say if u like eating eggs and having chickens, dont ever watch this movie. i watched it months ago and i still cant eat eggs the way i used to. imagine almost every sexual perversion known to man and u will find it in this movie in all of its dispicable glory.

Kopenhaver
0 Ratings

Post by Kopenhaver »

By far i would say À l'intérieur. That movie was crazy.

MaxS
0 Ratings

Post by MaxS »

Salò o le 120 giornate di Sodoma and Idi i Smotri come to mind. Antichrist was quite disturbing out of this years movies aswell. I've never been into exploitation or horror movies so I'm shocked easily.