Favourite film as a child?

For posts related to a specific film -- beware of spoilers o ye who dareth enter!
MmzHrrdb
Your TCI: na

Favourite film as a child?

Post by MmzHrrdb »

It's difficult to remember which film was your favourite as a child since you don't usually remember things as well as you do when you grow up, but I'd have to say "The Lion King". I don't think I could truly appreciate the film's sheer brilliance back then as I do now - I like it even more now than I used to, strangely enough - but I remember absolutely adoring it.

MmzHrrdb

Re: Favourite film as a child?

Post by MmzHrrdb »

Probably The Sword in the Stone.

Pickpocket
0 Ratings

Post by Pickpocket »

Maybe Home Alone

Bojangles
0 Ratings

Post by Bojangles »

The Sandlot or Heavyweights maybe. Before that my parents say I loved Bambi, but I don't remember my Bambi worshiping days.

sebby
0 Ratings

Post by sebby »

Home Alone.

Still one of my favorite films.

The Land Before Time as well.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

You guys are making me feel old. I was 19 when Home Alone came out.

Mine is The Muppet Movie. As I recall, we rented the VHS for two weeks straight and I watched it twice a day (this might be exagerrated in my memory, but I definitely watched it A LOT).

First movie I remember seeing is Yellow Submarine, and it's been a favorite throughout my life.

frederic_g54
0 Ratings

Post by frederic_g54 »

Favourite film as a child or favourite "kid's movie" ?

Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Independence Day, think I know this film by heart, and like I stated in my review, it's the only film where I leave my brain at the door, it's just one of the best popcorn movies out there, although I hate Emmerich and his crew of stoned writers (don't be fooled by the "2012" teaser, you know it's gonna suck, these guys are better at advertising than at making films !!!)

Favorite "kid's movie", I guess most of the Disney collection, but If I had to pick one, I'd pick Fievel, an American Tale (not Disney, I know), but I used to watch it repeatedly, and The Emperor's New Groove, without a doubt one of Disney's funniest films.

peace
Last edited by frederic_g54 on Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

vincente
0 Ratings

Post by vincente »

Neverending Story for me. Just recently re-watched it and I just don't get why I liked it this much. Kind of refuse to give it a ranking.

td888
0 Ratings

Post by td888 »

The Blues Brothers and Ghostbusters. I wanted that ghostbuster's cars so bad. It was so cool....

JooJoo
0 Ratings

Post by JooJoo »

I worshiped at the altar of Don Bluth as a child.

An American Tale - The Land Before Time - All Dogs Go to Heaven