What proportion of your ranked movies are American?

Discuss your favorite actors, directors or screenwriters
prowler
10 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: What proportion of your ranked movies are American?

Post by prowler »

356/564 = 63% american movies rule

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

480/922. So 52%. About what I was expecting (and that percentage slowly decreases over time) :)

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

1414/1723, or roughly 82.1%.

Honestly, the country listing is horrible on Criticker; just about every animated film has the USA as one of its countries, so long as it received an English dub, and it's even true for a fair number of live action movies, like Shogun Assassin.

Much higher than I expected, regardless, but that's probably because the vast majority of pictures on my account are from childhood.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

2368/4129 = 57%

theficionado
0 Ratings

Post by theficionado »

rekcitirc wrote:68%
low sample size so far though

It's not inferential statistics. Sample size doesn't matter.

snallygaster
0 Ratings

Post by snallygaster »

62%. A bit lower than I expected, but then again, I only rate movies that I've watched within the last 5 years or so; I hate to think how high it would be if all the movies I watched as a kid & teenager were included.

jeff_h
587 Ratings

Post by jeff_h »

753/877, or about 86%. Guess I'm uncultured :(

WoozyB
0 Ratings

Post by WoozyB »

1002 out of 1193... ouch.

I know I've seen at least more than that, being from Canada and all. Better start specifically rating other foreign ones!

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

I don't think people should be "ashamed" of their percentage for being too high or whatever; there are hundreds of masterpieces that all of us will never have watched by the time our life ends.

If you're happy with the films and like the films you watch, even if the majority of them are just from one country (although one of the best producers of them), then what's the problem?

cagedwisdom
0 Ratings

Post by cagedwisdom »

I'm expecting mine to be ridiculously high. While I've spent a lot of time in the past watching alternative cinema the past few years I've barely seen anything but American films, unless a particularly interesting Norwegian film comes out.

Ranked 1042 films, out of which 813 are American.
78%

Probably just going to get higher. I'm not ashamed of just watching American films these days. I work at a movie theater, and can watch as many films as I want there for free. Therefore I tend to spend all my time allotted to watching films watching films in the cinema, where most of them are either American or Norwegian, Norwegian films tend to be a bit subpar (though less so recently) and whatever other films come out just don't interest me. Of 2010/2011 American films I've seen, 16 of them are in my tier 10 or tier 9. So I have no problem. :P