Gosling & JGL

Discuss your favorite actors, directors or screenwriters
DavidJohnson
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: Gosling & JGL

Post by DavidJohnson »

What about Eisenberg?

But yeah I love both Gosling and JGL. Mysterious Skin, 50/50, Brick, (500) Days Of Summer. All good movies.

TheDenizen
0 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

DavidJohnson wrote:What about Eisenberg?

Zombieland is the only film of his that I've seen where he's tolerable.

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

He's good! I liked him in "Adventureland". He gets some really shitty roles, though.

MmzHrrdb

Post by MmzHrrdb »

He's pretty one-note, or maybe he just needs the right parts. I remember liking him in Adventureland, though.

stuie299
42 Ratings

Post by stuie299 »

As far as JGL goes his best performance had to be his role in The Lookout. The plot is a little weak but it offers some great character development.

Now Jesse Eisenberg was great in Squid and the Whale.

sunhushin
0 Ratings

Post by sunhushin »

JGL operates in the uncanny valley of actors for me. (If you're not familiar with the uncanny valley, go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uncanny_valley)

He's somewhere between an actor you can't believe and an actor you can. And it just puts this weird creepiness to his acting that I can't really put my finger on and makes it hard to watch him at times.

Gosling on the other hand, is brilliant. Drive, Ides of March, Lars and the Real Girl are all great. I'm quite excited to see his work in the future.

Just1n
0 Ratings

Post by Just1n »

Anomaly1 wrote:
TheDenizen wrote:I quite like both of them, though I don't think either is "the best young actor in Hollywood". That award goes to Michael Fassbender. I know he's in his early 30's, but I never saw him in anything before 2007 so he's still new to me. :mrgreen:

Everyone else thinks so too, considering how many upcoming films he's in.

Fassbender is doing some pretty good work right now. Gosling is excellent as well.

TheDenizen
0 Ratings

Post by TheDenizen »

so yeah I finally got to see Hesher and JGL is great in it. The movie is kinda all over the place, but JGL plays a raving madman capable of occasional insight and tenderness. His take on a unique character is the best thing about the movie for sure.