The Best Actor

Discuss your favorite actors, directors or screenwriters
Stewball
0 Ratings
Your TCI: na

Re: The Best Actor

Post by Stewball »

LyleChipason wrote:cant forget Natalie dormer! did you even see the counselor??

and cameron diaz

Am I mistaken, or did I just slip on some sarcasm coming in the door here? For future reference, The Counselor was my favorite film of 2013 and one of my <20 100's. That of course was supplanted by Her, which I didn't see until January, when I gave it my first ever, "best ever", 10+ award. Nothing has changed about my opinion of The Counselor and I stand by every thing I've said about it.

In the unlikely event that I misunderstood the intent of your somewhat nebulous post and you were not seeking to attempt to undermine my credibility, please accept my apology in advance.

Stewball
0 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

Dunder74 wrote:Stewball has a serious case of cinematic infatuation.

Comparing anyone to DDL, from any era, is ludicrous.

It now appears we have a genuinely nebulous post afoot. Who is slighted by who in who's comparison?

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

The irony of this post is incredible. You know what's even more ludicrous than comparing anyone to DDL? Blind, exaggerated hero worship.

And yeah, Stewie has some cinematic infatuations, but I'm not sure he can touch your passionate love for DDL.

Stewball
0 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

ShogunRua wrote:And yeah, Stewie has some cinematic infatuations...

Infatuations yes, but not unjustified ones, in the extreme.

Dunder74
0 Ratings

Post by Dunder74 »

Stewball wrote:

It now appears we have a genuinely nebulous post afoot. Who is slighted by who in who's comparison?

Just me

Modern acting from here on and out will be always be tuned to DDL. He's set the bar for everyone else now, and he gives me feelings in my tummy.

Dunder74
0 Ratings

Post by Dunder74 »

ShogunRua wrote:

The irony of this post is incredible. You know what's even more ludicrous than comparing anyone to DDL? Blind, exaggerated hero worship.

And yeah, Stewie has some cinematic infatuations, but I'm not sure he can touch your passionate love for DDL.

Jesus, no wonder there are threads on here directed against you. So charged :roll:

ShogunRua
0 Ratings

Post by ShogunRua »

Dunder74 wrote:
ShogunRua wrote:

Jesus, no wonder there are threads on here directed against you. So charged :roll:

Nice try at changing the subject. You were a dick to Stewie for no reason and with no provocation. Worst of all, your post didn't even contribute anything besides "I LOVE DDL!"

Dunder74
0 Ratings

Post by Dunder74 »

ShogunRua wrote:
Nice try at changing the subject. You were a dick to Stewie for no reason and with no provocation. Worst of all, your post didn't even contribute anything besides "I LOVE DDL!"

...in a thread asking which actors we liked. Also, he didn't really seem that offended. He took it, like he returned it with the genuinely funny "genuinely nebulous post afoot:" as banter. Why are you so angry?

"dick" "no provocation"
"your post didn't even contribute" :lol: :lol:

Edit: Remember not to reply. You truly care about the thread's quality, and the individual posts' quality, and their subsequent contribution value. An argument is certainly the last thing you want.

Stewball
0 Ratings

Post by Stewball »

Dunder74 wrote:Modern acting from here on and out will be always be tuned to DDL. He's set the bar for everyone else now, and he gives me feelings in my tummy.

Some actors, of the female persuasion, can make me feel things in other parts. If an actor/ess is affecting my stomach, it's usually a negative reaction having to do with nausea. DDL like PSH is a superb actor, but within a narrower range than some others such as my two examples. Women may have a natural advantage in that regard, as men may have in directing, including artistic direction.

So with one foot in my mouth and the other on my pee pee, I will now extricate my politically incorrect self on my hands and knees. Yes.

hellboy76
463 Ratings

Post by hellboy76 »

Stewball wrote:
Dunder74 wrote:Modern acting from here on and out will be always be tuned to DDL. He's set the bar for everyone else now, and he gives me feelings in my tummy.

Some actors, of the female persuasion, can make me feel things in other parts. If an actor/ess is affecting my stomach, it's usually a negative reaction having to do with nausea. DDL like PSH is a superb actor, but within a narrower range than some others such as my two examples. Women may have a natural advantage in that regard, as men may have in directing, including artistic direction.

So with one foot in my mouth and the other on my pee pee, I will now extricate my politically incorrect self on my hands and knees. Yes.

Your foot is on your pee pee?